Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour Hightlights
- Explore the Ancient Tibetan Kingdom by riding the mountain bike
- Ride through the Traditional Tibetan Villages
- Explore the unique rock formations and landscapes of the Upper Mustang
- Visit/Explore the hidden gem-Lo-Manthang-the high altitude
- Opportunity to see the beautiful snow-capped views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Himchuli ranges
- Explore the Ancient Monasteries and Stupas along the way to the Upper Mustang Tour
- Learn about the culture and traditions of the local community in the Mustang district
- Observe and explore the traditional method of Farming in the Mustang
- Learn and Explore the Apple Farm in Marpha
- Taste the local wine made of Organic Apples in the Mustang district
- Visit and explore the Muktinath Temple-the holy temple for Hindu and Buddhist religion
The Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour is known as the thrilling mountain bike destination in Nepal. Upper Mustang lies on the lap of giant mountains such as Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri.
Along the ride in Upper Mustang, you will feel the thrilling uphill ride and also the downhill ride which also requires the good skills of handling and the proper knowledge of wilderness first aid responder as well.
Usually, the Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour starts from the beautiful city of Pokhara. Where you will leave for the most mesmerizing mountain bike tour in the Himalayas. We will drive to the Jomsom which is also the gateway of the Upper Mustang.
From here, we will start our mountain bike ride on rough and rocky trails witnessing the beautiful mountains and the natural beauty such as the landscapes of the terrains and the beautiful stupas found along the trails.
During the whole trail, you will face various obstacles on the way. Passing through the various passes you will reach the Lo Manthang which is the beautiful ancient Tibetan settlement.
Though, riding a mountain bike in Upper Mustang itself is a challenging job that requires more skill and physically fit to commence the ride in the mountains.
Included and Excluded in Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour
- Airport Pick up
- Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kathmandu by tourist bus with A/C
- Two Nights’ Accommodation Tourist standard Hotel with Attached bath with A/C in Pokhara ( Breakfast Included )
- Pokhara – Jomsom- Pokhara Jeep service for Mountain Bike
- Pokhara Hotel to Domestic Airport by Private Vehicle
- Pokhara Airport to Hotel by Private Vehicle
- Pokhara- Jomsom – Pokhara flight Ticket
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 12 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Guide, Porter Transportation from Pokhara- Jomsom- Pokhara
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- Restricted Permit for Upper Mustang Trek
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Airport drop
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes, illness landslide, etc
Best Time for Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour
The Best time to explore and travel with a mountain bike on the rough roads of Upper Mustang is September to November and March to May.
Autumn (September to November)
Planning to ride in the rough terrains of the Himalayas of the Upper Mustang near the Tibetan border. While for this the months of September to November will be the ideal months to ride with the group of team members in the high elevation.
During the months the mesmerizing mountain will closely open up to you. You will experience the beautiful mountains and the natural beauty during your ride in the mountains. The Autumn(September to November)in Nepal is known as the peak trekking season with moderate temperatures and cozy weather.
The trekking trail will not be wet as a result of no rainfall during the months. All you will see is the beautiful mountains and the natural beauty of the mountains.
Spring (March To May)
Spring is the season of the expedition in Nepal. Numbers of expedition lovers come to Nepal for expedition purposes in Nepal.
On the other hand, trekkers and mountain bike lovers keep exploring the different corners of Nepal by riding Mountain Bikes. During the Spring season, you will experience the green natural beauty of the hills, and the beautiful flowers blooming all around the forest.
The flora and fauna are found in the different species of birds, wild animals, and flowers. During your trek/mountain bike tour, you will explore the close-up mountains and the beautiful panoramic views.
Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour Cost
- Permits: Permits for the Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour range between USD $20 and $30 per person and include a TIMS card, an Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, and a Special Restricted Area Permit. Entry into restricted areas in the Annapurna region, including the Thorong La pass, Upper Mustang, and Nar Phu, requires Special Permits for Restricted Regions, which cost between US$500 and US$1000.
- Guide/Porter: Getting a guide is preferred to hiring a porter if you plan on going to a high altitude in the Annapurna region. Hiring a guide and porter for your travel can make it safer and more convenient for only USD $25-$30 per day for the guide and USD $20-$25 per day for the porter.
- Transportation: Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour transportation choices from Kathmandu include flying or taking the bus to Pokhara. Ensure that the Upper Mustang Mountain Biking Tour runs smoothly by booking flights and transportation ahead of time. While getting to Upper Mustang, your vehicle prices increase according to your mode of transportation.
- Accommodation: On the Upper Mustang Trek, the only choice for overnight lodging is a tea house, which can cost anything from $10 to $25 USD per night. Although factors such as location, altitude, conveniences, and so on influence the cost of a hotel.
Permits for Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour
Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour is a popular destination in the Annapurna range, but visitors must obtain a special permit to enter. The proceeds from the selling of permits would go toward conservation activities in the Annapurna region.
Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)
Annapurna Conservation Area is a conservation area park in Nepal. Permits are necessary for access into the ACAP, which are collected by ACAP workers at the ACAP’s entrances. Permits for the Annapurna Conservation Area (ACAP) are available from the Blue Lake Adventure in Kathmandu, and this office can put you in touch with trekking agencies to help you have a more secure and satisfying high-altitude trek.
Trekkers Management System Card (TIMS)
To enter any hiking destination in Nepal, a Trekkers Information Management System Card is required. As a result, before beginning your Himalayan adventure, you should obtain a TIMS card. TIMS cards can make by Blue Lake Adventure Pvt Ltd.
Special Permits – Upper Mustang
Trekking in restricted parts of the Annapurna region, such as the Thorong-La pass, the Nar Phu Valley, and the Upper Mustang, requires a special permit. Because these preserves are close to the Tibetan border, specific permits are necessary to trek.
Hiking in protected areas requires a special permit from the Department of Immigration, the cost of which varies depending on the number of days you plan to spend in the wilderness.
People and Cultural Diversity
Upper Mustang is primarily populated by Ancient Tibetan Buddhists. They have their own festival celebrations and have maintained their unique culture, traditions, and culture.
Upper Mustang architecture is influenced by the Tibetan style and is marked by flat mud roofs and stone dwellings. Monasteries and Stupas (Chortens) are particularly interesting for their paintings of Buddha and Thanka, as well as their adoring interior designs.
Religious and festival ceremonies are important parts of the Upper Mustang people’s lives and communities. Tiji and Lhosar festivals are primarily observed in the Upper Mustang.
Upper Mustang residents are highly known for their generosity and kindness toward trekkers. It is essential for all trekkers to respect the local people’s culture and traditions, as well as to be aware of their behavior.
FAQs on Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour
Reviews on Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Tour
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web