Gosaikunda Lake Trek Highlights
- Explore through the lush forest of rhododendron flowers, Oak, and Alpine Trees
- You will pass through the traditional Sherpa and Tamang villages, where you may also learn/experience the Sherpa and Tamang community lifestyle.
- The major highlight of the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is the Gosaikunda Lake, a holy lake for both Hindu and Buddhist religions which is totally surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- The Gosaikunda Lake is located at an altitude of 4,380M above sea level which is a challenging trek for most people.
- The trek provides you an opportunity to experience the diverse geography of Nepal, from the tropical lowlands to alpine and glaciers.
- Along the trail, you will witness the snow-capped Himalayas such as Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, and Manaslu.
- The trek is the ideal way to get rid of the daily routine and the best way to immerse yourself in the natural beauty and the high-peak mountains.
- The trek is well maintained and marked with the symbols and the sign boards
- Opportunity to meet trekkers from all over the world trekking at a high altitude.
Gosaikunda Lake Trek Overview
Gosaikunda Lake Trek is the most famous and popular trekking destination in the Langtang region of Nepal. The trek passes through beautiful landscapes, from lush forests and the Glaciers offering the beautiful snow-capped Himalayas view.
The major highlight of the trek is Gosaikunda Lake – which is a holy lake for both Hindu and Buddhist religious people. During the month of August on the Janai Purnima. Where thousands of devotees trek to worship Lord Shiva.
Typically the Gosaikunda Lake trek starts from the Dhunche which is 117 km away from Kathmandu city. The trek offers you to experience the traditional Sherpa and Tamang Villages.
Where you will have a great opportunity to know the unique traditions, culture, and day-to-day lifestyle of the local community. while the trail is well marked and well managed for better safety and comfort trekking in the high altitude.
The trek is favorable for beginners and experienced trekking personnel. The trek can be completed in 5-7 days depending upon the trail you choose and the Itinerary you prefer and also on the pace of your walking.
Besides, the Gosaikunda Lake Trek you may also explore the Langtang Valley Trek and Tamang Heritage Trek in the Langtang region. The trek is challenging because it involves the ascends and descends and high altitudes in the Himalayas.
Reaching Gosaikunda Lake, at an altitude of 4,380m above sea level you will also gain an opportunity to explore the Surya Kunda after hiking for 30 minutes. You will witness the most beautiful panoramic views and the landscapes from the top of the Surya Peak.
Along the Trail, you may explore the diverse flora and fauna found in the Langtang region including the Rhododendron, Oak, Bamboo, and Several Himalayan herbs and shrubs. You may also explore and visit the Sing Gompa Monastery at an elevation of 3,200m which is the ancient Tibetan Monastery in the Langtang region of Nepal.
The Gosaikunda Lake trek also offers a wide opportunity to experience yourself physically and mentally while beating the trails in the High altitude where there is thin fresh air. It will be the best way to get rid of your day-to-day routine and connect yourself with nature in the high Himalayas.
The best time to trek Gosaikunda Lake is late September to November and March to May when the weather will be clear and the mountain ranges clear up with stunning views of the high snow-capped Himalayas.
You may also ask the agency to customize the trekking itinerary as per your requirements, preference, and the number of days you want to trek in the Himalayas.
What is included in the Langtang Valley Trek?
- Airport Pick up and drop free of Cost
- Kathmandu – Dhunche – Kathmandu round trip by Local Bus
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- Langtang National Park entry Permit fee
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- The Permit of the Local Government and Sagarmatha National Park
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our Control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes , illness landslide, etc
Gosaikunda Lake Trek Permits
The Gosaikunda Lake Trek is the most beautiful and popular trekking destination in Nepal which is located in the North belt of Nepal. As to trekking in the Gosaikunda Lake, firstly you should issue the TIMS cards and Langtang National Park Entrance Fee.
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS Card)
The Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card) is mandatory while trekking in the High Altitude of the Himalayas. The TIMS card can be obtained from the office of the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu. You will need to provide the passport-size photo and the details of your passport to the permit issuing officer. The TIMS card should be with you during your whole trekking period.
Langtang National Park Permit
The Langtang National Park Entrance Fee permit can be obtained from the Langtang National Park office in Kathmandu and also from the distribution channels. A national park permit should be issued to enter the National park for trekking purposes in the Langtang region.
Gosaikunda Lake Trek Cost
Typically, the cost of a Gosaikunda Lake trek varies on the length of stay, the mode of Transportation you prefer the time of trekking, also the service you wish to have in the Himalayas.
The estimated cost of the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is as follows:
- Trekking permits: While trekking to Gosaikunda Lake Trek you need to obtain Trekking Permits such as Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card) and Langtang National Park Entrance Permit. The TIMS card and Langtang National Park permit cost NPR 2,000 and 3,000 respectively to foreigners.
- Guide and Porters: If you are willing to hire a Guide and Porter during your trekking days, the cost mainly varies on the number of days, the service you require, and the number of people in the group. The cost Guide costs NPR 3,000-4,000 per day and for Porter, it costs 2,000 -2,500 per day.
- Accommodation: During the trek, all the accommodation will be in the Tea house along the trail or in the small Tamang traditional villages. Typically, the cost of accommodation ranges from NPR 5,00 to 1,000 per night.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation mainly depends upon the starting point of your trek and the type of vehicle you choose to use during the trekking period. The cost comes low when you use local public vehicles (Jeep and Bus) while if you use the private Bus and Jeep the cost rises automatically.
- Foods and Drinks: During your trek in the Gosaikunda Lake trek, you may buy meals and drinks from the lodges and tea houses along the route or within the villages. The cost of food is usually NPR 500 to 1,500 per meal per person.
- Equipment: While trekking in the High Himalayas, your equipment should be very reliable and good. You may buy all the gear and equipment in Thamel, Kathmandu or you may also hire all the equipment you want for the whole trekking days.
Accommodation During Gosaikunda Lake Trek
The Tea Houses and Lodges are the main sources of accommodation on the Gosaikunda Lake Trek. Tea Houses are the simplest hotels that give bed, breakfast, and blankets to all trekkers during their high-altitude journey. The Lodge has more comfortable and cozy beds, as well as individual rooms and hot showers for hikers.
The cost of lodging is often determined by the service requested. It varies according to the trekking season and the location of the tea house, ranging from NPR 1,000 to NPR 1,500 a night per person.
It is essential to remember that tea houses and lodges at high altitudes are simple and may lack the amenities available in urban/city locations. During your stay, you are welcome to explore and appreciate the Tamang community’s distinct culture and traditions.
During your journey Gosaikunda Lake Trek, all of the tea houses and lodges are made of wood, reflecting the local people’s traditions.
The tea houses and lodges offer pleasant rooms with shared bathrooms, while some may also offer attached bathrooms.
Altitude and Terrain
Located in the Langtang region of Nepal, the Gosaikunda Lake trek offers breathtaking vistas of the surrounding mountains and forests as it winds through traditional villages. The trek’s altitude and terrain will change depending on the path you take, but here is general information for your trek.
- Altitude: The highest point along the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is somewhere between 43,000 and 5,145 meters above sea level. The trail begins at an elevation of 2,030 meters in Dhunche I and climbs steadily higher as it continues. The hike is rated as moderately difficult to extremely difficult, so you should take it easy for a while and let your body adjust to the high altitude before continuing.
- Terrain: The trail travels through a variety of terrain, including wooded areas, open meadows, and steep mountain valleys. The trail is clearly marked and frequently used, but it is occasionally difficult due to its rocky and steep terrain. There are some uphill and downhill stretches, and you’ll cross a few suspension bridges over rivers and streams.
- Weather: The Langtang region’s weather is pretty unpredictable, and temperatures drop precipitously at higher altitudes. Although the days may be warm, you should pack for cooler temperatures in the evenings and for the possibility of heavy rain or snowfall at any time of year.
The People and The Culture
The Gosaikunda Lake Trek is a popular trekking destination for all trekkers which also offers diverse religions and is rich in culture and traditions in the high Himalayas. The trek will also offer you an experience of the Ancient Tibetan People and Tamang people’s culture, traditions, and traditional way of living their life in the High Himalayas.
The Tamang are the Indigenous People and the Community in the Langtang region, and they are rich in cultural heritage which can be mainly seen in their dance, festivals, culture, and the music they sing. These communities are also known for their warm hospitality and all the visitors are welcomed with open hearts during the whole trek in Langtang Valley trek and Tamanag Heritage Trek.
The Sherpa, who are originally from Tibet and are also staying in the Langtang region do have a rich culture and Traditions, which are deeply connected with the natural universe. Mainly known for their skilled mountaineering and trekking in Nepal which plays a vital role in all adventure activities.
Along the trek to Gosaikunda Lake Trek, you will get an opportunity to explore and visit the Monasteries, Stupas, and Chortens. while the Gumpa and Monasteries are good places to meditate and are rich in cultural significance.
You may also interact with the local people and learn about the Tamang and Sherpa people about their Traditions, Culture, and religions in the lap of the Himalayas.
Gears and Equipment
When planning to trek in the high Himalayas, good gear and equipment are necessary to trek in Gosaikunda Lake Trek. It’s more important to be well-prepared for various situations and challenges that you may face during the trek.
The following is the list to carry with you while trekking to the Gosaikunda Lake Trek:
- Backpack(BAGS): A high-quality backpack that can hold at least 35 to 45 liters of gear and supplies is essential.
- Trekking Boots: High-quality hiking boots or trail running shoes, ideally with plenty of support and traction, are a must for rough terrain.
- Sleeping Bag: Comfortable sleeping gear is required for overnight stays at the trail’s teahouses.
- Tent: A tent that is both lightweight and durable is an absolute necessity if you enjoy camping.
- Clothing: Due to the unpredictability of the weather, you should bring warm layers, a waterproof jacket, and quick-drying clothes.
- First Aid Kit: Band-aids, pain relievers, and antiseptic wipes are just some of the essentials that should be included in a first-aid kit.
- Water Bottle: Keep yourself hydrated by packing at least a couple of water bottles and, if possible, a water purification system.
- Snacks and Chocolate: High-energy snacks, like energy bars, trail mix, and dried fruits, are essential for sustaining you on the trail.
- Google Maps and Compass: In the event that the weather turns bad, you will need a good map and compass to find your way.
- Trash Bags: Use trash bags, and remember to empty them before you leave. Garbage bags are helpful for transporting trash from one location to another.
- Sunscreen Cream: Sunscreen is crucial for skin protection, especially at higher altitudes, where the sun is more intense.
Best Time for Gosaikunda Lake Trek
The ideal time for you to trek the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is going to vary depending on your particular tastes and the kinds of weather in which you are comfortable hiking. The following is a description of the two most popular trekking seasons, along with the benefits that each offers:
Spring (March to May): This is the height of the hiking season when the weather is warm and clear and the forests are lush and verdant. The rhododendrons are at their most beautiful during this time of year, adding to the charm of the hiking trail.
Autumn (September to November): This is also a great season for going hiking because the skies are usually clear and the temperatures are comfortable. The views of the mountains are normally unobstructed, and the colors of autumn are vividly displayed in the surrounding forests.
FAQ-Gosaikunda Lake Trek
Reviews on Gosaikunda Lake Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web