Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Witness the mesmerizing view of Mount Everest
- The lifestyle of the Sherpa community, their foods, culture, and traditions they follow
- Ancient stone carved -mani on the route to Everest Base Camp Trek
- Unique flora and fauna
- Visiting Tengboche monastery, with its strong bond of spirituality
- Stay at Namche Bazaar which is the Gateway to Everest Base Camp Trek
- Exchanging the cross-culture between the Local community and the Travelers during your acclimatization day
- The best place to view sunrise/sunset is on the top of the Himalayas mainly on Mt.Everest
Everest Base Camp Overview
Everest Base Camp Trek is the most popular not only in Nepal but also around the globe which offers you the wide opportunity to explore more in the destination. Everest trek is the most thrilling and overjoying trekking destination for all the aged groups of people who love to hit the trails once in their lifetime.
The Everest Base Camp trek begins from Lukla. Which is the gateway to the EBC trek for all nature and travelers to begin their journey. Stepping your foot after flying thirty minutes from Kathmandu Valley, you will experience the different vibes and connections with the trails of the Everest Base Camp hike. For a few minutes, your mind gets peaceful and your body will gain more energy for the trail to accomplish.
The Everest Base camp trek also offers you the traditional lifestyle of Tibetan people in the region. People follow different traditional customs and festivals. Their main festival is Lhosar, which is the New Year as per Tibetan words.
It will be your memorable base camp trek in the Everest region exploring the lifestyle of the people and exchanging intercultural with one another.
The trekkers experience the wide variety of dense forests of sal trees, rhododendron flowers, and junipers along with Dudh Kosi River passing the settlement of the Sherpa community on the route to Everest Base Camp Trek.
The sherpa culture of the region can be demonstrated by showing the multi-color flag, prayer flags, and carved stones-Mani on the trail.
Mt.Everest base camp trek presents the mesmerizing view of Mt.Everest, Mt.Lhotse, Mt.Amadablam, and Mt.Thamserku, including different peaks in the Sagarmatha National Park region.
Travelers will be walking with different joys, enjoying the majestic view of the Himalayas. Kala Patthar is the highest point of the whole trek which offers a beautiful view of Mount Everest and many more snow-capped mountains around.
Where is Everest Base Camp located?
Basically for trekking in Everest base camp, there are two base camps- i.e. the North base camp from Tibet region and the South base camp from Nepal. The base camp from the Nepal side is the official Base camp for the Everest base camp trek.
Everest Base Camp trek from the Nepal side (South base camp) is the Nepalese Camp in the Khumbu region, the base camp the most people talk and gossip about. Khumbu Icefall is the most challenging and first obstacle for those attempting a summit push of Mt. Everest (8848.86m).
Everest Base Camp Trek is not considered luxurious trekking this trek is for your lifetime memories and stories to share with your friends, and loved ones, and also with your coming new generations about your first trekking in the Himalayas of Everest Region.
While hiking to Everest Base camp, the accommodation will be mainly on a sharing basis for all the nationalities in the Hotel/Tea houses. The room might not be that comfortable and luxurious but you will have good peaceful sleep during your trek to Everest Base Camp.
On the other hand, you can enjoy the majestic view of the Himalayas from your own room’s window which will be your lifetime memories that won’t fade away from your heart. The Internet, charging mobile phones, and taking hot showers will be available on a small amount of charge.
You will be enjoying the Himalayan lifestyle by drinking ghee tea in the Himalayas which makes you feel warm and good to explore more within the region.
Healthy and good health is a necessity for trekking in the Everest region. Our team members on the field will look after all your safety measures which will make it easier to beat the trail during your EBC trek.
If you are having a lack of time to trek Everest Base Camp while you wish to see Mount Everest once in your lifetime then we also manage Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour.
What is Included in EBC Trek ?
- Airport Pick up and drop free of Cost
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu round-trip flight ticket
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- (ACAP) Permit Annapurna Conservation area
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- The Permit of the Local Government and Sagarmatha National Park
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Airport drop
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes, illness landslide, etc
Everest Base Camp Trek General Info
Everest Base Camp Trek is a high-altitude trekking destination for those who are willing to explore the Everest region in the coming days.
Before starting to hit the trails of Everest Base camp- you need to have some knowledge of the Everest region in your mind.
While trekking to Everest Base camp, your good health also plays a vital role. A good fit body is required for trekking in the Everest Region.
Though based on highly qualified guides and instructors, we grade Everest Base Camp Trek as an advanced trekking route and the best trekking destination for outdoor lovers.
While trekking to Everest Base Camp, it is good news for you to know that you don’t need any special experience, and mountaineering technique is required.
The Sagarmatha National Park’s trekking path to Everest Base Camp passes through an area with alpine surroundings, a dense pine and ironwood forest, and also becomes muddy when it rains.
The first part of the trip from Lukla to Namche Bazaar is simpler, although it might be challenging to climb the steps to get there. The difficulty of the steps increases as you hike toward Tengboche. You will encounter a lot of suspension bridges as you explore the Himalayas in the Everest region.
After a few days of walking, the pathways level off and get wider, and you may see the flat valley of the Everest region and the captivating Himalayas from all sides as they stare at you.
You will start exploring from where you will no longer be surrounded by trees. From there, you will leave the shade of the trees and start your exploration of the stony trail leading to Everest Base Camp.
Altitude and Elevation
How high is the journey to Everest Base Camp? The largest obstacle that faces all outdoor enthusiasts as they hike to their destination is altitude. During your climb to Everest Base Camp, you will be at a height of 5364M from sea level, where all the tree lines will be crossed near Dingboche
. The thirty-minute flight will land you in Lukla (2651m) and the remaining balance of the distance should be covered with your legs. In order to avoid being affected by the attitude in the Himalayas while traveling, our highly qualified guide will aid you. However, cooperation with our team is crucial for this.
You run the danger of developing Acute mountain sickness (AMS) when hiking to Everest Base Camp. A number of impacts at high altitudes are caused by AMS, which appears to be most active at an elevation of 2500 meters above sea level.
The elevation gain on the trip to Everest Base Camp is more than twice that of the height where AMS appears to be active. The two days of adequate acclimatization should be spent ascending to high peak vistas and descending to a lower altitude for the night to assist the body in adapting to the Himalayan environment.
Drinking lots of water during your trek to Everest Base camp helps to avoid AMS. while hitting the high elevation, communicate with your guides for oxygen and the medicine kit ready which might be useful for you to reach your destination.
Foods during Everest Base Camp Trek
While you are on the trekking trail to Everest Base Camp of Khumbu region, don’t be shy when the time arrives for a refill of food at the tea house.
Though on the way to Base camp, all the tea houses do have the same menus on food while the price may differ as per the elevation of the tea house. The food will be more perfect for you to enjoy with your travel mates which strongly fulfills your appetite.
The following are the most common dishes and most popular among trekkers:
- Dal Bhat: Dal Bhat is more famous among all the trekkers in Nepal. Dal Bhat is super delicious with spicy lentils, curry with vegetables, and a special Nepali recipe for chicken curry, and the flavor of pickle will amaze you while trying the dal bat during your trek. while In Nepal, it is said that – dal bhat power 24 hours – it means having dal bhat during your trek makes you full for 24 hours, which will help you to hit more emails to the summit.
- Eggs and Fry Rice: Mixed with onions and ginger during your trek will help your appetite which comes full of rice mixed with vegetables and an omelet as per your order.
- Shyakpa (Sherpa stew): A mixture of vegetables such as carrot, radish, puck: echoey, spring onions, and potatoes with spicy soup will help you to be warm and more full during your trek in the Himalayas of the Everest Region.
- Be-chiya (Tibetan Ghee Tea): The tea which is a combination of yak ghee, Himalayan salt, and the flavor of sunpati plant flower tea helps trekkers to be fully warm and helps to get rid of altitude sickness.
Accommodations on Everest Base Camp Trek
Besides your stay in the Hotel of Kathmandu, before commencing your trek and at the final phase, all your accommodations will be at Everest Region during your trek to Everest Base Camp Trek. The tea houses are full of bed and breakfast lodges designed and built for the trekkers.
The teahouses of the Everest region are hygienic and comfortable with cozy bedrooms for the trekkers to stay overnight. Electrical charge will be available while in some areas it will be widely possible on few charges.
The rooms of teahouses are of wood and plaster depending on the accessibility of the modes of transport. During your overnight stay in the teahouse, the staff will glow the Himalayan heater in the dining room which will keep you all warm and cozy, so you can enjoy your drinks with your mates as you get permission from your guides.
You will meet with different people in the tea house for good gossip and to gather the information he/she has traveled. The hospitality you get during your trek to Everest Base camp will be the most adorable of the sherpa people in the Himalayas.
Best Time To Trek Everest Base Camp
Trekking to Everest Base Camp will be the dream destination to reach all people. while to fulfill your wish the best season to trek Everest Base Camp is Spring(late March to May) and Autumn( Late September to November) Both season will have clear skies, no clouds, clean mountains, and few littered snow somewhere
The following months will be the best time to trek Everest Base Camp:
- March: The beginning of the season while it’s not the peak season to travel. It means few travelers and trekkers will be seen on the way climbing up to their destination and ascending down after completing the trek.
- April: The busiest season/month of the Everest region is April. The blue and clear sky, no muddy path, and good rising temperature to adopt. More expedition lovers will be trekking to their dream destination of summiting Mt. Everest and will be preparing their gear in the open sky with their teammates and highly qualified guides.
- May: The month is known for its hottest month of the trail during your trek to Everest Base Camp Trek. While no more harsh and due to more hotness it may rise to early monsoon.
- September: The first month after the monsoon might be possible with some rains while on the other hand in the lower parts of Namche and Lukla, the dense and good environment of greenery is visible.
- October: The month is the same as April. A huge number of people will be hitting the trails of Everest Base Camp. while the teahouse and flight ticket to Lukla should be booked in advance. This is the perfect time for outdoor lovers willing to trek in Everest Base Camp, with a good environment and good temperature. The good snow-capped Himalayan views are visible from your own room in the teahouse.
- November: Known for the starting month of winter in the Himalayan region it might not be sure of falling snow anytime in the high Himalayas. While planning to trek Everest Base Camp during November, the proper gear and equipment should be managed with you, while commencing the trek in the Everest region.
Everest Base Camp Trek Permit
The Government of Nepal applies the permit to all travelers of different nationalities who have been planning to trek at Everest Base Camp. While the permitted amount is taken by the government of Nepal either local government or central government, the amount will be implemented on the conversation of wildlife species, Himalayan ranges.
All trekkers must have permission to trek at Everest Base Camp while entering any National Parks, restricted areas, or trekking zones. The entry permit is the same as for other national parks and conservation areas in the nation, albeit it may vary depending on the region’s trekking paths according to local government norms and regulations.
The amount collected will be taken for the sustainable development of the trekking trails in the Everest region for the ease and proper way to hike for the trekkers. Which helps to create employment opportunities for the local community people of the region.
While trekking through Everest Base Camp Trek, the following entrance permit is required for every traveler trekking Everest Base Camp Trek:
- Khumbu Pasang Lamu Rural Municipality Entrance permit (NPR 2000 per person)
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit (NPR 3000 per person)
Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit
The local government of Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality started collecting the entrance permit of NPR 2000 directly from all foreigners trekking to Everest Base Camp on the 1st of October 2018 AD replacing the TIMS card(Trekkers Information Management system).
While it’s not possible to pay the local government tax from Kathmandu, if a trekker is traveling from Lukla then you may get it at Lukla. On the other hand, if you’re traveling from Jiri or Salleri then it is possible at Monjo while trekking to the region of Everest.,
Note: Additional permit is required if you are traveling from Jiri, more information is below:
Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit
It is the existing rules of the National Park under the rules of the Nepal government. The entry permit of NPR 3000 per person should be paid while entering the Sagarmatha National Park. The national park entry permit is easily available at the Nepal Tourism Board In KTM.
Additional permit for Everest Base Camp Trek
While you are traveling from Jiri to Everest Base Camp trek by roadways you will be more eligible to pay NPR of 3000 per person for the Gaurishankar Conservation area entry permit fee. The Gaurishankar Conservation Area p- entrance fee can be paid at the Kathmandu office of the Nepal Tourism Board.
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
Having more destinations to explore in Everest Region, will take you to the full joy and lifetime memories of the best trekking around the globe. The cost of your whole trip will be totally taken care of by Blue Lake Travel and Tours while confirming the package trip.
The best package of Everest Base Camp treks costs USD 1299 for thirteen days of trip starting from Kathmandu and ending our trip at Kathmandu.
The amount will be smaller in number when you reach the destination and start seeing the mesmerizing view of snow-capped Himalayas all around you and Mount Everest -the highest peak in the world in front of you. You will feel the connection with the Himalayas which will keep on luring you to visit more and more.
The package price will cover all your round trip domestic flights from KTM-LUK and LUK -KTM sector including all your accommodation in the tea house during your trek in the Everest Base Camp. Professionals and well-experienced high-altitude instructors and guides will be there with you to assist you in each and every situation to take care of.
During your trek, our well-trained and highly qualified guide will take care of you and work in the role of your relatives, family members, brothers, etc. On the other hand, you don’t need to worry about getting lost on the midway/forest during your trek we strongly suggest you communicate each and every detail with our staff members.
FAQ about Everest Base Camp Trek
Reviews on Everest Base Camp Trek -13 Days
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web