Highlights Annapurna Base Camp Trek Via Ghorepani Poon Hill
- The peaks of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Gangapurna, and Hiunchuli.
- learning about the local culture and way of life while trekking through traditional villages and terraced farms.
- climbing to Poon Hill, a well-known lookout spot with mesmerizing views of the Annapurna mountain range.
- passing through lovely rhododendron forests and taking in the area’s natural splendor.
- staying at tea houses while taking in the local cuisine and culture.
- reaching Annapurna Base Camp, which is 4,130 meters above sea level (13,550 feet)
- viewing the glaciers and icefalls that encircle the peaks while taking in the stunning sunrises and sunsets at base camp.
- the opportunity to encounter a singular fusion of scenic beauty, cultural immersion, and physical challenge.
- The natural flora and fauna found in the Forest during your trek to Annapurna Base camp
- Explore the lifestyle of the Himalayan People of the Annapurna Region
- The classical trail of the Annapurna Region helps the trekkers form a deep connection with nature and good bondings with nature.
- On the route, the Carved stone-Mani, stupas welcome you with great joy and happiness during the trek to ABC
- Different species of animals, Plants, and Birds found in the Annapurna Region
The Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poonhill Trek also known as ABC Trek is a popular trekking destination in the Annapurna region of Nepal. Mainly, the trek takes trekkers to the dense forest of Rhododendron flowers, oak forest, typical traditional villages, and mesmerizing views of the Himalayas in a visit to Annapurna Base camp (ABC), one of the highest mountains in the world.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek can commence from various starting points while the popular route is via Ghorepani Poonhill. The route usually starts from Nayapul small town, a short drive from Pokhara. Trek begins from Nayapul following the classic Annapurna Base Camp Trek route with Modi Khola River beside, passing through the dense forest of Rhododendron, and typical traditional villages on the route to Ghorepani Poonhill.
The route passes via the beautiful Gurung Village Ghorepani the village of the typical Gurung and Rai Community where trekkers can explore the traditions and religion with the local community and also have the opportunity to hike to Poonhill a popular tourist destination that offers the mesmerizing view of sunrise and sunset.
Poon Hill is a popular destination for all the trekkers in the Annapurna Region, which offers beautiful panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges.
The trek continues passing through the typical traditional villages like Tadapani and Chhomrong on the route to the classical Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The trekkers will get to explore the traditional Gurung Village about its Culture, lifestyle Food, etc.
On the route to Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poonhill trek we follow the Hindu and Buddhist significance as different colored Tibetan Flags, Carved Stone-Mani, and Stupas which spread love and happiness to all the visitors trekking to Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Reaching the Annapurna Base Camp, trekkers will have an opportunity to explore and view the majestic snow-capped Himalayas such as Annapurna Massif, which also includes Annapurna South and Annapurna I, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna and Mahhapuchre(Fishtail) mountains around.
Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poonhill trek typically takes over 9-14 days to complete, mainly depending on your itinerary, your trekking speed limit, and the route you have managed. Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) is considered a moderate to challenging trek while it involves steep climbing, rough terrains, and high altitude. However, it is more important for trekkers to be in good health and adapt to the high Himalayas environment while going for a trek in the Annapurna Region.
However, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek Via Ghorepani Poonhill trek is perfect for all nature lovers, for cultural experiences and thrilling adventures. The trail also offers beautiful landscapes, the traditional culture of the Gurung community, and the best hospitality of the local people during your trek in the Annapurna Base Camp.
What is Included in Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani poonhill trek ?
- Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kathmandu by tourist bus with A/C
- Two Nights’ Accommodation Tourist standard Hotel with Attached bath with A/C in Pokhara ( Breakfast Included )
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- Both ways by private transport from Pokhara to / Kimche(trek start) – to Pokhara
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 12 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- (ACAP) Permit Annapurna Conservation area
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Airport drop
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30Days – $40-50 and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snaks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy , Strikes , illness landslide, etc
Annapurna Base Camp Via Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Permits
Annapurna Base Camp Trek via Ghorepani Poonhill is a popular trekking destination in Nepal that requires certain permits to trek in the Annapurna Region. The permits are mandatory to help conserve the natural and cultural resources of The Annapurna Region and also to circulate the number of trekkers in the Annapurna Region.
The following are the main permits required to trek in the Annapurna Region:
TIMS (Trekkers Information Management system)
The Trekkers Information Management System(TIMS) card is necessary for all trekkers who are willing to trek in Nepal in different trekking regions and preferences for destinations. The TIMS card is available in the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu and in Pokhara/ Nepal Tourism Board, Blue Lake Adventure can make the TIMS card and Permit. These Cards are valid only for one trekking season.
ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Permits)
Annapurna Conservation Area Permits are required to trek in the Annapurna Region. The ACAP permits are available in Nepal Tourism Board Kathmandu and in Pokhara as well. The ACAP permits are also valued for one trekking season and the cost depends on the number of trekking days in the Annapurna region.
Special Permits for Restricted Areas
Planning to trek in Restricted areas of the Annapurna Regions of Nepal then you need to issue special permits for restricted areas such as Thorong-La pass, Upper Mustang, Nar Phu, etc. The special permits for Restricted areas are issued by the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and the cost depends on the number of days trekking in the restricted areas.
Despite the fact that all of Nepal’s trekking permits are non-refundable, be sure to have a clear schedule and strategy in place before applying for the permits. Verify that your permits cover all-day trekking days in the area you intend to explore on foot. You should work with the trekking company Blue Lake Adventure to obtain your permits and to assist you in conducting your trip in The Annapurna Region of Nepal securely and easily.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek costs mainly vary on the number of trekking days and the time of the trekking season, the type of accommodation and services you choose, and whether you are hiring a porter and guide or not.
The following are the main costs during your trek in Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
- Permits: During your trek in Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poon Hill, TIMS card and ACAP permits are mandatory to trek in Annapurna region which costs around USD 20-30 per person. If you are trekking to restricted areas in the Annapurna region then Special Permits for restricted areas should be issued which cost around USD 500-1000, such as Thorong La Pass, Upper Mustang, and Nar Phu.
- Guide or Porter: While trekking to high altitude in the Annapurna region, hiring a guide is extremely required. Your trekking trip will be more trustworthy and comfortable if you hire a guide and porter. A guide costs about USD 25–30 per day, and a porter costs about USD 20–25 per day.
- Transportation: Trekking to Annapurna Region, you may go via flight or via roadways to Pokhara from Kathmandu. So while planning the trek, make advance bookings of flights and all the roadways vehicles for the smooth operation of the trek to Annapurna Base Camp. While the cost of a vehicle increases as the mode of transport you choose while trekking to Annapurna Base camp.
- Accommodation: During your trek to Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek all the accommodation will be in the tea house which may cost around USD 10 to 25 per day. while the accommodation cost depends upon the location, the high altitude, facilities, etc.
- Food and Drinks: While trekking to Annapurna Base Camp, the food and drinks are low which costs you around USD 5 dollar to 15 dollars depending on the food and beverage you choose.
- Insurance: Travel insurance is more important to all trekkers to trek in Nepal. It is strongly recommended to make sure that all your Insurance covers travel emergencies, high altitude sickness, and hospitalization. The insurance varies as per the type of scheme you choose while trekking to the destination.
The Annapurna Base Camp Via Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek is one of the most famous and popular trekking destinations for all outdoor lovers who wish to explore the mesmerizing sunrise and sunset from the hilltop Poonhill which also offers a beautiful view of the Himalayas.
While trekking to Annapurna Base Camp Via Ghorepani Poonhill all the accommodation will be typically in the Tea house that is available and one of the best in the Himalayas
The Tea house on the route to Annapurna Base Camp and Ghorepani Poonhill offers the best and cozy bedrooms with a shared bathroom while some tea houses provide an attached bathroom as well.
However during our trek to Annapurna Base Camp the facilities and amenities may vary depending on the location, high altitude, and the accessibility of transportation. The starting point and better accessibility of Transportation provide better service with good WI-FI connections, attached bathrooms, various dishes of food, and cozy dining and bedrooms which might be a little different while we are in the high Himalayas.
The People and Cultural Values
The Annapurna Region offers beautiful landscapes and the diverse culture of the local people of the Gurung community. Our trail crosses via the villages of the Gurung community where the trekkers can explore the traditional culture, festival of the Gurung people, lifestyle, and intercultural exchange between the local people during the trek to Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poonhill.
The group is the indigenous community native to the Himalayas, mainly in the Annapurna region of Nepal, rich in culture and history that is directly connected with the Himalayas.
On the path to the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, as you walk through the Gurung village, you will see the locals doing their daily activities, such as grazing the paddy, spinning wool, caring for animals, and watching their children play in the community’s streets. The locals in the Annapurna region are well recognized for their friendliness and hospitality to all visitors, making it an excellent opportunity for you to engage and gain an understanding of Himalayan culture.
Altitude Elevation and Terrain
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a popular trekking trail that offers beautiful panoramic views of the Himalayas. The terrain takes the hikers from Lush subtropical to high altitude in the Himalayas.
As the Trek begins from Pokhara Valley, trekkers pass via rice fields and subtropical forests before reaching the village of Tikhedhunga. While from here the trail becomes steeper and more challenging passing through the forest of Rhododendron.
As the trekkers gain altitude the landscape becomes more barren and rocky rough, with mesmerizing views of the Annapurna Range, and the Dhaulagiri massif.
After Poonhill the route becomes steeper and more challenging to reach Annapurna Base camp at an altitude of 4,130m above sea level fully surrounded by peaks and glaciers
As the hikers gain more altitude, there might be a high possibility of getting active Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) which gets active after 250om above sea level. So while trekking physical fitness with a strong mentality is required to explore the high Himalayas at high altitude.
Best Time for Annapurna Base Camp Trek Via Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Depending on the kind of trekking you choose, different seasons are excellent for the Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poon Hill trekking. The weather in the high Himalayas may have an effect on the trek, but it is possible to go on it year-round.
The peak trekking season for Annapurna Region is late September, to November and March to May During the season the weather and sky will be more clear with cozy and warm sunlight to travel and trek in the high Himalayas and the views of the Himalayas will be more visible.
During your trekking in peak season the availability of the Tea house will be less, so before commencing the trek booking in advance of the tea house is a must while trekking in the Annapurna region. In the autumn, the price rates of rooms and food will be high as compared to the off-season in the Annapurna Base camp trek.
FAQ Of Annapurna Base Camp via Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Reviews on Annapurna Base Camp Via Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web