Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
- A trip from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi is rewarded with beautiful scenery.
- The entrance to Langtang National Park is across the Langtang River.
- Experience the varied landscapes and traditions of the Tamang and Sherpa peoples.
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including the towering Langtang Lirung.
- Visit ancient settlements, temples, and monasteries
- Explore the diverse ecosystem and look for rare animals including red pandas, Himalayan black bears, and musk deer.
- Enjoy the local culture by staying in quaint tea houses.
- Hike to Kyanjin Ri for stunning panoramas of the Langtang region.
The Langtang Valley Trek, the most popular trekking route within Nepal, passes through the mesmerizing view of the high mountains.
Along with the opportunity to immerse oneself in the authentic trial. This hike provides breathtaking panoramas of the Langtang Range, a chain of mountains in the Himalayas.
From Syabrubesi to the mountain peaks, the trail traverses through oak, rhododendrons, bamboo, glaciers, streams, and waterfalls. You can learn about local culture while sightseeing, and trekking through Tamang villages and Buddhist monasteries.
Traveling further into the Langtang Valley rewards visitors with ever more breathtaking views. The highlight of the trek is arriving at Tserko Ri, which is surrounded by snowy peaks.
The Langtang Valley Trek is a challenging trek with cultural and natural sights. However, it is difficult and requires many days of climbing at high heights.
In conclusion, the Langtang Valley Trek is an ideal way to see some of Nepal’s natural beauty and cultural variety. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been trekking before or if the Himalayas are on your bucket list for the first time, this journey will be one you’ll never forget.
What are included in the Langtang Valley Trek ?
- Airport Pick up and drop free of Cost
- Kathmandu – Syabrubesi – Kathmandu round trip by Local Bus
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- Langtang National Park entry Permit fee
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- The Permit of the Local Government and Sagarmatha National Park
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Airport drop
- What is Excluded in the Langtang Valley Trek?
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes, illness landslide, etc
Permits during Langtang Valley Trek
The Langtang Valley Trek is the most beautiful and popular trekking destination in Nepal which is located in the North belt of Nepal. As to trekking in the Langtang Valley, firstly you should issue the TIMS cards and Langtang National Park Entrance Fee.
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS Card)
For hiking in the High Altitude of the Himalayas, you need a Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit. The Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu is where you can get the TIMS card. The permit will need a photo of the size of your passport and information about your passport. You should keep the TIMS card with you for the whole time of your trip.
Langtang National Park Permit
The Langtang National Park Entrance Fee permit can be received from the Langtang National Park office in Kathmandu. You may also get the national permit from the Dhunche office as well. A national park pass should be given to people who want to go trekking in the Langtang area of the park.
Langtang Valley Trek Cost
Typically, the cost of a Langtang Valley trek varies on the length of stay, the mode of Transportation you prefer the time of trekking, also the service you wish to have in the Himalayas.
The estimated cost of the Langtang Valley Trek is as follows:
- Trekking permits: While trekking to Langtang Valley Trek you need to obtain Trekking Permits such as Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card) and Langtang National Park Entrance Permit. The TIMS card and Langtang National Park permit cost NPR 2,000 and 3,000 respectively to foreigners.
- Guide and Porters: If you are willing to hire a Guide and Porter during your trekking days, the cost mainly varies on the number of days, the service you require, and the number of people in the group. The cost Guide costs NPR 3,000-4,000 per day and for Porter, it costs 2,000 -2,500 per day.
- Accommodation: During the trek, all the accommodation will be in the Tea house along the trail or in the small Tamang traditional villages. Typically, the cost of accommodation ranges from NPR 5,00 to 1,000 per night.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation mainly depends upon the starting point of your trek and the type of vehicle you choose to use during the trekking period. The cost comes low when you use local public vehicles(Jeep and Bus) while if you use the private Bus and Jeep the cost rises automatically.
- Foods and Drinks: During your trek in the Langtang Valley trek, you may buy meals and drinks from the lodges and tea houses along the route or within the villages. The cost of food is usually NPR 500 to 1,500 per meal per person.
- Equipment: While trekking in the High Himalayas, your equipment should be very reliable and good. You may buy all the gear and equipment in Thamel, Kathmandu or you may also hire all the equipment you want for the whole trekking days.
The Tea Houses and Lodges are the main sources of accommodation on the Langtang Valley Trek. Tea Houses are the simplest hotels that give bed, breakfast, and blankets to all trekkers. The Lodge has more comfortable and cozy beds, as well as individual rooms and hot showers for hikers.
The cost of lodging is often determined by the service requested. It varies according to the trekking season and the location of the tea house, ranging from Npr 1,000 to 1,500 a night per person.
It is essential to remember that tea houses and lodges at high altitudes are simple. May lack the amenities available in urban/city locations.
During your stay, you are welcome to explore and appreciate the Tamang community’s distinct culture and traditions.
During your journey to Langtang Valley Trek, all of the tea houses and lodges are made of wood, reflecting the local people’s traditions.
The tea houses and lodges offer pleasant rooms with shared bathrooms, while some may also offer attached bathrooms.
Altitude and Terrain – Langtang Valley Trek
The Langtang Valley trek offers breathtaking views of the nearby mountains and forests as it flows through traditional villages in the Langtang region of Nepal. The elevation and terrain of the trek will vary depending on the route you take, but the following is general information about the trek.
Altitude: The highest point along the Langtang Valley Trek is somewhere between 5,000 and 5,200 meters above sea level. The trail begins at an elevation of 1,400 meters in Syabru Besi and climbs steadily higher as it continues.
The trek is rated as moderately difficult to extremely difficult. So. you should take it easy for a while and let your body adjust to the high altitude before continuing.
Terrain: The trail travels through a variety of terrain, including wooded areas, open meadows, and steep mountain valleys. The trail is clearly marked and frequently used.
It is difficult due to its rocky and steep terrain. There are some uphill and downhill stretches, and you’ll cross a few suspension bridges over rivers and streams.
Weather: The Langtang region’s weather is pretty unpredictable, and temperatures drop precipitously at higher altitudes. Although the days may be warm, you should pack for cooler temperatures in the evenings and for the possibility of heavy rain or snowfall at any time of year.
Cultural Diversity and Local Community
The Langtang Valley Trek is a popular trekking destination for all trekkers which also offers diverse religions and is rich in culture and traditions in the high Himalayas.
The trek will also offer you an experience of the Ancient Tibetan People and Tamang people’s culture, traditions, and traditional way of living their life in the High Himalayas.
The Indigenous People and Community of Langtang, the Tamang, are rich in culture, dance, and festivals,
These communities are also known for their warm hospitality and all the visitors are welcomed with their open heart during the whole trek in Langtang valley trek.
The Sherpa, who are originally from Tibet and are also staying in the Langtang region do have a rich culture and Traditions, which are deeply connected with the natural universe. Mainly known for their skilled mountaineering and trekking in Nepal which plays a vital role in all adventure activities.
Along the trek to Langtang Valley, you will get an opportunity to explore and visit the Monasteries, Stupas, and Chortens. while the Gumpa and Monasteries are good places to meditate and are rich in cultural significance.
You may also interact with the local people and learn about the Tamang and Sherpa people about their Traditions, Culture, and religions in the lap of the Himalayas.
Essential Gears and Equipment
When planning to trek in the high Himalayas, good gear and equipment are necessary to trek in Langtang Valley Trek. It’s more important to be well-prepared for various situations and challenges that you may face during the trek.
The following is the list to carry with you while trekking to the Langtang Valley Trek:
- Backpack: Pack A high-quality backpack that can hold at least 35 to 45 liters of gear and supplies is essential.
- Trekking Boots: High-quality hiking boots or trail running shoes, ideally with plenty of support and traction, are a must for rough terrain.
- Sleeping Bag: Comfortable sleeping gear is required for overnight stays at the trail’s teahouses.
- Tent: A tent that is both lightweight and durable is an absolute necessity if you enjoy camping.
- Clothing: Due to the unpredictability of the weather, you should bring warm layers, a waterproof jacket, and quick-drying clothes.
- First Aid Kit: Band-aids, pain relievers, and antiseptic wipes are just some of the essentials that should be included in a first-aid kit.
- Water Bottle: Keep yourself hydrated by packing at least a couple of water bottles and, if possible, a water purification system.
- Snacks and Chocolate: High-energy snacks, like energy bars, trail mix, and dried fruits, are essential for sustaining you on the trail.
- Google Maps and Compass: In the event that the weather turns bad, you will need a good map and compass to find your way.
- Trash Bags: Use trash bags, and remember to empty them before you leave. Garbage bags are helpful for transporting trash from one location to another.
- Sunscreen Cream: Sunscreen is crucial for skin protection, especially at higher altitudes, where the sun is more intense.
Best Time for Langtang Valley Trek
The ideal time for you to climb the Langtang Valley Trek is going to vary depending on your particular tastes and the kinds of weather in which you are comfortable hiking. The following is a description of the two most popular trekking seasons, along with the benefits that each offers:
Spring (March to May): This is the height of the hiking season when the weather is warm and clear and the forests are lush and verdant. The rhododendrons are at their most beautiful during this time of year, adding to the charm of the hiking trail.
Autumn (September to November): This is also a great season for going hiking because the skies are usually clear and the temperatures are comfortable. The views of the mountains are normally unobstructed, and the colors of autumn are vividly displayed in the surrounding forests.
Final Words on Langtang Valley Trek Package
Langtang Valley Trek takes you on an unforgettable journey to the Himalayas of Nepal where you can discover what Nepal has to offer. Scenes while trekking on the routes to mesmerizing views of the Himalayas, Langtang Valley has everything you are looking for.
Without any delays, get it booked with Blue Lake Adventure and prepare yourself to experience the diversity of Nepal. To book, you can go through our booking section, and also for inquiries you can email us at email@example.com! We appreciate you reaching out to us, Join us to explore the unexplored region of Nepal.
FAQ-Langtang Valley Trek
Reviews on Langtang Valley Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web