Tilicho Lake Trek Highlights
- The highest lake in the world, Tilicho Lake is situated at a high elevation.
- You pass through stunning environments during the walk, including woods, deserts, and high plateaus.
- On the way to the trail, you can view a variety of ecosystems, including subtropical forests, alpine meadows, and high-altitude deserts.
- You might encounter rare and imperiled wildlife, including Musk Deer, Blue Sheep, and Snow Leopards.
- The trip passes through local communities where you can learn about the local way of life and culture.
- Ancient temples and monasteries can be seen, notably the Ringmo Monastery from the 17th century.
- The Thorong La Pass, the world’s highest pass can also be seen from Tilicho Lake Trek
- You may unwind and savor the tranquil surroundings at Tilicho Lake.
- Adventure sports like rock climbing, camping, and trekking are available during the expedition.
- The hike takes place in Nepal’s Manang area, which has a distinctive culture of its own.
Tilicho Lake Trek Overview
Tilicho Lake trek is excursion is a well-known excursion in the Annapurna Region. Tilicho Lake, located in the Manang District of Nepal, is the lake with the highest altitude in the globe, at 4,919 meters above sea level.
Hindu and Buddhist people consider Tilicho Lake to be a sacred lake. The lake is an ideal destination for those who wish to spend precious time with their loved ones at a high altitude by the lake and engage in meaningful conversation.
Typically, the Tilicho Lake trek begins from the beautiful town of Besi-Sahar and the trail takes you through beautiful villages like Chame, Manang, and Shri Kharak. Which offers beautiful science views of the Himalayas the diverse culture of the ancient Tibetan People and the beautiful panoramic of the barren deserts on the trail to Tilicho Lake Trek.
The Tilicho Lake trek takes usually 7-12 days to complete depending upon your walking pace and the trekking route you have chosen. The trail to Tilicho Lake Trek is well managed while it might be physically challenging as includes the many days of ascends and descends in the high Himalayas with fresh tiny frozen level air.
During The Trek To Tilicho Lake, you will gain an opportunity to explore the Ancient Tibetan Villages and also the cultural interchange between the Tibetan people along the route.
You will know in depth about the People’s lifestyle, culture, traditions, and food in the Himalayas. Each village does have its Monsatried which you may explore during your stay in the villages overnight while following the rules as per the local communities.
Reaching Tilicho Lake, you will get an opportunity to explore the surrounding high snow-capped mountains and the world’s highest lake in the high Himalayas.
Overall, Tilicho Lake Trek is a unique and popular trekking destination that offers beautiful scenery and snow-capped peaks around the Lake. It is recommended that trekkers have good fit physical health and love nature while exploring the Tilicho Lake Trek.
Today our journey starts from Kathmandu early in the morning towards the town of Besi-Sahar by our private vehicles. Along the way, we will be exploring the beautiful hills and the panoramic views.
The road will be smooth driving and one part will be rough off-road while reaching nearby the Besi-Sahar. Our first trekking stop will be at Hotel/Guest House in Besi-Sahar.
Early in the Morning after heavy breakfast, we will drive to Manang in a local/private Jeep. Along the trail, we drive through rough roads and reach Manang.
Reaching Manang will have minutes of rest and commence our trek to The Tilicho Base Camp. The trail takes us through the ancient village of Tibetan people where we may explore in-depth about culture and traditions.
We will carry on with our hike over a broad, open path as we take in the magnificent views of Gangapurna and Tilicho peaks. Today’s route takes us through arid wilderness, juniper, oak, and arid desert landscapes.
We arrived at Tilicho Base Camp for our overnight stay in the Himalayas after following the crooked trail and ascending the peaks.
Today we will hike to the world’s highest lake in the high Himalayas. We will pack our breakfast and hike to the lake. Soon our trail descends down with the majestic Tilicho Lake in front of us.
Reaching Tilicho Lake, the mesmerizing Lake is surrounded by the high peaks of Tilicho and Gangapurna Himal.
We will enjoy and explore the holy lake for Hindu and Buddhist people. After a few hours of exploring the Tilicho Lake, we will trek back to the Tilicho Base Camp to consume our meal and after packing the bags with our heavy hearts will trek back to Shree Kharka for an overnight stay.
Waking up in the lap of the Himalayas. After having breakfast we trek back to the Besi-Sahar. Along the trail, we pass the Manang, Kharsang, and Pisang villages. We will exchange the culture with the local communities along the route.
Following the route, we reach to Besi-Sahar for our overnight stay and enjoy the success of our trek in the Himalayas with our teammates.
Today we will drive back to the capital city-Kathmandu from Besisahar. Along the drive to Kathmandu, we will see the beautiful panoramic views and the water streams flowing on their way. You will be directly transferred to a Hotel in Kathmandu for an overnight stay.
What is Included in Tilicho Lake Trek ?
- Kathmandu- Besishare- Kathmandu round trip by Bus
- Besisahar to Manang by Sharing Local Jeep
- Shree Kharka to Besisahar by Sharing Local Jeep
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- (ACAP) Permit Annapurna Conservation area
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down
- jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Airport drop
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days , $ 25- $30 30Days – $40-50 and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snaks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi , hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call and extra porter
- Personal Gears and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Cost like delays caused due to circumstances beyond to our Control, example- itinerary modification, change of government policy , Strikes , illness landslide, etc
Cultural Diversity During the Trek
The Tilicho Lake trek lets you see the beautiful scenery of the High Himalayas and learn about the different cultures of the people who live there. Most of the time, the trail to Tilicho Lake goes through traditional Gurung, Rai, and Tibetan villages. This allows all trekkers to learn about the unique culture and way of life of the Gurung and the Tibetan people.
The group is made up of people who have always lived in the Himalayas. Most of them live in the Annapurna region of Nepal. Their culture and history are closely tied to the Himalayas.
As you walk through the village on your way to Tilicho Lake Trek, you’ll see people doing things like grazing their paddy, spinning wool, and taking care of their animals. You’ll also see kids playing in the streets of the village.
Along the trek to Tilicho Lake, you’ll have the chance to try on and wear the traditional clothes of the Gurung, Rai, and Tibetan people who live in the village.
During a trek in the Annapurna region, the local people are known for being friendly and giving good service to all the travelers. This is a good way to meet Himalayan people and learn about how their cultures are changing.
The Tilicho Lake Trek Trail also goes through areas that are important to both Hindus and Buddhists. Along the way, you will see colorful Tibetan flags and carved stone Mani and Stupas. These are mostly used by the people who live in the Annapurna region to wish trekkers luck and the best of luck on their journey.
Tibetan culture is mostly about going to traditional villages and monasteries, seeing how people live day to day, and learning about the unique customs and beliefs of the Buddhist Tibetan community.
Best Time for Tilicho Lake Trek
The Annapurna region is a must-visit for any outdoor enthusiast. The Tilicho Lake Trek is the most popular and well-known hiking route in the Annapurna region, attracting tourists from all over the world.
The best time to make the Trek to Tilicho Lake is totally up to you and your circumstances. The best time to visit Nepal is between the end of September and the beginning of November. The sun will be bright and warm at that time, and the sky will be clear. When you keep looking at the Mountains, you’ll see more and more of them, both from a distance and up close.
Less snow falls in the Himalayas during the spring (March–May), making it an ideal time for trekking.
From the high altitude of Tilicho Lake, you’ll have a clear view of the Himalayas. The path to Tilicho Lake is lined with colorful flowers, which can brighten your mood.
Even if a winter hike to Tilicho Lake is possible, high-altitude snowfall could be a problem. In the Himalayas, this is the best time of year for a snowy team adventure, including skiing, ice climbing, and sledding. Hiring a crew of experienced guides with access to the latest data is crucial if you wish to reach Tilicho Lake during the winter.
Permits during Tilicho Lake Trek
You are going to need a certain permit to enter the trekking location when you are going to be doing the Tilicho Lake Trekking in the Annapurna region. The sum that was collected through the permits will be used to conserve the region’s natural and cultural resources in the Annapurna Mountains.
Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP)
The Annapurna Conservation Area Permit is required for all hikers. To trek within the Annapurna region. The permits for the ACAP are easily available in the office of the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu, and you can also connect with trekking agencies for safer hiking in high-altitude areas.
Trekkers Information Management System Card (TIMS)
You are required to procure a Trekkers Information Management System Card while trekking in Nepal. This card grants access to any location in Nepal. Before embarking on a journey to the Himalayas, you must obtain a TIMS card to be adequately prepared. Pokhara and Kathmandu each have locations where TIMS cards can be obtained. The TIMS card and Permit will be provided by Blue Lake Adventure.
Accommodation during the Tilicho Lake Trek
The Tilicho Lake Trek is popular in the Annapurna Region for people who like to be outside. On the Trek to Tilicho Lake trek, most people stay in tea houses along the way.
During your trek, you’ll stay at a tea house with cozy, comfortable rooms that share bathrooms. Some of the rooms also have their own attached bathrooms.
During your hike to Tilicho Lake, you can get food, a place to stay, and a shower at the tea house.
During a trek to Tilicho Lake, there are different places to stay and things to do. You can get better rooms with bathrooms at the start of the Tilicho Lake trek, but you might not get the same services when you are in the Himalayas or at a high elevation. Even though most tea houses have comfortable rooms, clean kitchens, friendly staff, and hot showers, and some may even have Wi-Fi, the signal may be weak in the high Himalayas because of the weather and wind.
Most of the Tea houses and Lodges around Tilicho Lake are made of wood, with a few bricks here and there.
However, the accommodations in the Himalayas will be quite warm and healthy, with a nice sleeping environment for you.
In the evening, the heater in the middle of the dining room is turned on, and this is the best place to talk to your friends and other travelers you just met at the tea house.
Tilicho Lake Trek Cost
To get to your destination in the Himalayas, the cost of the Tilicho Lake Trek will vary based on several factors, including the number of days you plan to hike, the time of year you choose to hike, the sort of lodging and services you’ll require, and whether or not you’ll be employing a porter and guide.
Important expenses on the Tilicho Lake Trek include:
- Permits: The TIMS card and ACAP permits, which cost about USD 20-30 per person, are required to walk in the Annapurna region, where Tilicho Lake is located. Thorong La pass, Upper Mustang, and Nar Phu are all off-limits destinations in the Annapurna region unless you pay the hefty price of a Special Permit for Restricted Areas (often between $500 and $1,000).
- Guide or Porter: When hiking to high altitude in the Annapurna region, a guide is more useful than a porter. A guide can be hired for USD 25–30 per day, and a porter can be hired for USD 20–25 per day, both of which can greatly improve the safety and comfort of your trekking trip.
- Transportation: To get to Besishare, where the starting point of the Tilicho Lake Trek is located, we can provide the bus or private Car. Transportation must be reserved in advance to ensure the hike to Tilicho Lake Trek goes off without a hitch. The cost of getting to Tilicho Lake Trek varies depending on the type of vehicle you prefer to use.
- Accommodation: During your journey to Tilicho Lake, you will stay in a tea house, which may cost you anything from USD 10 to $25 per night. Although the cost of lodging is subject to such variables as location, altitude, amenities, etc.
- Food and Drinks: While on the Tilicho Lake Trek, you may expect to spend anywhere from $5 to $15 on food and drink, depending on what you order.
Gears and Equipment for Tilicho Lake Trek
The Annapurna region is known for its incredible variety of hiking opportunities, but the Tilicho Lake path is considered to be the most difficult and rewarding. However, to preserve a favorable atmosphere for hiking in high altitudes, one needs to have the appropriate clothing.
The following supplies and gear are required for the Tilicho Lake journey in most cases:
- Backpack: When hiking to Tilicho Lake, it is recommended that you bring a backpack with a capacity of 40 to 50 liters that is well-fitted and comfortable. Which should have sufficient space to store all of your things as well as additional pockets on the bags for carrying water bottles comfortably.
- Sleeping Bag: Be sure to bring a sleeping bag with a temperature rating of at least -10 degrees, as the evenings in the Himalayas are known to be brisk. This sleeping bag will be great for the Tilicho Lake Trek.
- Sleeping Pad: The use of a sleeping pad is increasingly recommended for those who struggle to find sufficient comfort in their evening slumber. Which will assist you in avoiding changes in the terrain while allowing you to take the lightweight sleeping mat on the hike.
- Warm clothes: When dressing for warmth in the mountains, layering your clothing is essential. This is especially true when putting on thermals and outerwear.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses: Because of the high altitude, your skin will get dry; thus, you should apply sunscreen and bring sunglasses with you when you go hiking on sunny days.
FAQ-Tilicho Lake Trek
The altitude of Tilicho Lake is 4,919m above sea level
Yes, Tourist visas are available as the Nepal visa. You may get it on arrival at Kathmandu airport or you may get it from the Embassy of Nepal in your host country.
During your trek to Tilicho Lake, typically 5-6 hours of hike you need to reach the overnight destination.
Yes, Travel Insurance is mandatory while trekking at the High altitude. But be sure that your insurance covers all the emergency activities during your trek in the High altitude.
Yes, Internet access will be available in the Tea House during the trek while the coverage might be a little slow because of the weather in the Himalayas.
Late September to November and March To May will be the best season to trek Tilicho Lake.
Yes, there is a chance of getting active on AMS while our qualified guides will look after you to trek in the high altitude without being affected by altitude Sickness.
The trek to Tilicho Lake is a moderate trek in the Annapurna region but you need to be physically fit and mentally prepared while getting on the Trails.
Typically tea houses and lodges are available during the whole trek to Tilicho Lake.
Reviews on Tilicho Lake Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web