Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Highlights
- Close view of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third-highest peak in the world,
- Trekking through the traditional villages and the less crowded hiking trails
- Experiencing and Exploring the Unique culture and traditions of the Rai and Limbu Community
- Crossing the High Mountain passes such as Sele La and Sinelapche La,
- Exploring the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area which is home to many flora, fauna, and different species of birds,
- Seeing /witnessing the rare and endangered animals such as Red Panda, Snow Leopard, and Ghoral
- Trekking and exploring through the dense forest of Rhododendrons, Oak, and Bamboo,
- Passing through the Tamur River and exploring the beauties of the mountain ranges
- Witnessing the sunrise and sunset views on the top of the Mountains
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a popular and challenging trek that takes you on the lap of the third-highest peak in the world, Mount.Kanchenjunga (8,586m) above the sea level. The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is located in the far-eastern belt of Nepal near the border of India and Tibet and offers a wide beautiful mesmerizing view of the mountain ranges.
Typically, the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek starts from Kathmandu – with 45 minutes of Flight to Bhadrapur Airport and a drive to Taplejung. The trail follows the Tamur River through the beautiful forest of Rhododendrons, Oak, and Bamboo and passes through the traditional villages inhabited by the ethics group of Rai and Limbu communities.
As we gain altitude, the landscape changes to alpine and rocky terrain, which offers beautiful stunning views of the snow-capped mountain ranges such as Kangchenjunga, Yalung Kang, and Jannu.
During your trek, the trail will pass through high altitude passes, and glaciers and you will also gain an opportunity to encounter rare and endangered wildlife animals such as Red Panda, Snow leopard, and Himalayan Black Bear.
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek can be done in 20-25 days and requires good physical fitness and mental well-preparedness to overcome all the situations in the mountains.
The highest point of the Kanchenjunga circuit Trek is Pang Pema Base Camp at an elevation of 5,143m above sea level. It also offers you breathtaking views of Kanchenjunga Massif.
During your trek, you will also be passing via the Kanchenjunga conservation area which is home to different species of flora and fauna and also birds over 250 species are found in the Kanchenjunga region.
Upon arriving at the Tribhuvan International Airport, our representative will meet you and greet you with the garland of flowers on the arrival section.
You will be directly transferred to the hotel and after you may have a few hours of rest.
You will meet with your guide and he will brief you about the trek and will prepare all the trekking gear and equipment. we will have dinner together and overnight in the Hotel.
Early in the morning, we will drive to the Airport to catch our flight to Bhadrapur from Kathmandu city.
The flight will be of 45 minutes and along the flight, you will get to witness the beautiful mountains, plains, and terrains of Nepal.
As we reach the Bhadrapur Airport, we will get on a bus and we will drive to the Taplejung district.
Along the drive, you will explore the beautiful landscapes and the beautiful panoramic views of the Hills and the Mountains.
And for an overnight stay, we will be staying at a tea house in Taplejung.
The trek from Taplejung to Chiruwa is the starting point of the Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek in the eastern region of Nepal.
The trail takes you through beautiful landscapes and is also the gateway to the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area.
Along the trail, you will be crossing through beautiful villages such as Chiruwa, Sekhathum, and Amjilosa.
You may explore the culture and traditions of the local communities of Rai and Limbu. Following the trial of the Tamor River, you reach Chiruwa for an overnight stay in the Himalayas.
The trek from Chiruwa to Lelep takes you through the mesmerizing landscapes and the cultural diversity of eastern Nepal.
while you trek on the classic trek route you will be crossing across the traditional villages of Tamnag, Sherpa, Rai, and Limbu communities.
You will be passing through the dense forest. Oak and alpine trees along the trail leading to the traditional village of Lelep for an overnight stay in the Himalayas.
Today the trail passes through the beautiful suspension bridge and the waterfall streams passing through the beautiful traditional villages.
The Amjilosa village is mainly used by the Shepherd of yak and sheep, so very few settlements can be found here. Our overnight stay will be in Amjilosa.
After having our trekking breakfast in the Himalayas we will be crossing via the dense forest of Rhododendron, Oak, and Alpine.
As we gain the elevation, we feel that the villages and people of the local community are mostly Tibetan habitants.
You may also explore the yak pastures along the trail and our overnight stay will be at Gyabla.
The trail passes through the beautiful forest of oak and alpine and also the Phale village which was the Ancient Tibetan refugee camp in the ancient century.
As Ghunsa is a large village settlement, we can buy handicrafts, have a good cup of coffee and you may also use the Internet services.
Here you will be asked to show all your permits and you may have facilities of Healthpost and Telephone services.
As we are gaining more altitude in the Himalayas. Today we will have our ready day or acclimatization day in Ghunsa Village.
You may explore the new monastery in the village and also you may climb up Jaanu Peak which offers good majestic views of the mountain ranges. As it will be more helpful; to climb and will take a packed lunch box with us.
You will be witnessing the beautiful Jannu Himal with mesmerizing views and dominating the skylines along the trail.
While as you pass the hills paths you will also encounter the green glacier valley. And you may also witness the snow leopard and blue sheep if you are lucky. Following the trail, we head to Kambachen for an overnight stay.
Today again we take our rest day to adapt our body to the High environment altitude in the Mountains.
We will climb to the next peak from where we will explore the close-up views of Mount Kanchenjunga.
Today our trail takes us through the Kanchenjunga Glacier offering beautiful views of the Mountain ranges all around.
While this trail is in the Snow Leopard area, we need to be very careful when opening our eyes and following the trail to the Lhonak for an overnight stay in the lap of the Himalayas.
Today after having a heavy trekking breakfast in the mountains, we will trek to the Kanchenjunga North Base Camp as follows the Kanchenjunga Glacier.
We will be climbing upward to reach the North Base Camp which offers beautiful mountain ranges from all around with good vibes and connections to the mountains.
After exploring for a few hours we returned back to the Lhonak for an overnight stay.
Today while trekking through the Kanchenjunga Glacier and following the Tamor River we reached the Ghunsa village. We will be witnessing the green line as we reach near to the Gunsa village for our overnight stay.
After breakfast, our trail passes through the green forest and we will be able to witness the Ghunsa and Phole Village and Mt. Makalu from a long distance. Following the trails, we head to the Sele Le for an overnight stay.
This morning as breakfast we will trek through the Kanchenjunga South Base camp as we cross via the Sinion La Pass (4,450m) and the trail taking us through the Sine Laplace La Pass (4,830m) above the sea level.
As we reach over the passes we witness the beautiful mountain ranges. We will descend down slowly and with the help of a stick, we will head towards the Cheram for an overnight stay.
Today we will trek to the Kanchenjunga Base camp to pack our lunch box.
As we cross the glacier we reach the South Base Camp which is full of colorful Tibetan flags and the man is all around. Reaching Base camp you may explore the mountain ranges and capture good pictures for good memories in the future and return back to Cheram for an overnight stay.
Well, today our trail takes us mainly downhill in the mountain ranges through the gorge. While some parts need to ascend uphills you will be in the green lines and beautiful landscapes.
Along the trail, there are no settlements as we head to Torongding for an overnight stay.
After the heavy trekking breakfast in the morning, we will be trekking downhills as follows through the Lasiya Bhanjyang.
We will stop for tea and again head to the Yamphuding village for an overnight stay. Yamphuding village is a big settlement of Tibetan people where you may explore the traditional culture and languages.
Well from today our trail gets easier as we are at a low altitude.
You will find more good and interesting as you will be trekking through the paddy fields and narrow paths. As we follow the trails we head to Khebang for an overnight stay.
Today is our final trekking day in the mountains. So we will be passing through the beautiful landscapes and terrains. Enjoying the good time with our team members along the trail.
Well, today we will be diving into Bhadrapur, exploring the good views of the Hills.
You may get rest from the heavy and tired muscles and legs. We will have a good dinner tonight with our team members in the Hotel as you may also have drinks.
After having our breakfast in the morning we will head to the airport. we will fly to Kathmandu about 45 minutes to reach Kathmandu.
Reaching Kathmandu you will be transferred to the Hotel. Take a few hours of rest and in the evening we will have our dinner together with all the members.
What is Included in Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek?
- Kathmandu- Bhadrapur – Kathmanduby round trip flight ticket
- Bhadrapur- Taplejung – Bhadrapur by Bus
- The best available lodge accommodation during the trek is twin-sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Guide, Porter Transportation from Pokhara- Jomsom- Pokhara
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- Permit for Kanchenjunga trek
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Kanchenjunga Circuit map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, boiled water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, Restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes, illness landslide, etc
Altitude and Terrain in Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek passes through the dense forest and alpine with a maximum height of 5,106 m above sea level. The trek starts from 600 m and starts to ascend to 5,106 m in the high mountains. While the trekkers need to be physically fit and mentally prepared to do the Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek.
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek passes through the diverse terrain from the subtropical to the Alpine landscapes in the mountains. The trail passes through traditional and beautiful villages and water streams, gorges, and Hills. while it is important for all trekkers to be physically fit and mentally prepared to tackle the changes in Terrain.
Essential Gears and Equipment
While Trekking to the High altitude in the Kanchenjunga region it is more important to pack the proper gear and equipment for the trekking in the High altitude of Kanchenjunga Region.
The following gear and equipment should be carried with you during the Kanchenjunga Circuit trek:
- Backpack (BAGS): Pack a high-quality backpack that can hold at least 35 to 45 liters of gear and supplies is essential.
- Trekking Boots: High-quality hiking boots or trail running shoes, ideally with plenty of support and traction, are a must for rough terrain.
- Sleeping Bag: Comfortable sleeping gear is required for overnight stays at the trail’s teahouses.
- Tent: A tent that is both lightweight and durable is an absolute necessity if you enjoy camping.
- Clothing: Due to the unpredictability of the weather, you should bring warm layers, a waterproof jacket, and quick-drying clothes.
- First Aid Kit: Band-aids, pain relievers, and antiseptic wipes are just some of the essentials that should be included in a first-aid kit.
- Water Bottle: Keep yourself hydrated by packing at least a couple of water bottles and, if possible, a water purification system.
- Snacks and Chocolate: High-energy snacks, like energy bars, trail mix, and dried fruits, are essential for sustaining you on the trail.
- Google Maps and Compass: In the event that the weather turns bad, you will need a good map and compass to find your way.
- Trash Bags: Use trash bags, and remember to empty them before you leave. Garbage bags are helpful for transporting trash from one location to another.
- Sunscreen Cream: Sunscreen is crucial for skin protection, especially at higher altitudes, where the sun is more intense.
Best Season for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Trekking in the Mountains will be better in the seasons of Autumn( September to November) and Spring (March To May).
During the Autumn season, there will be no rainfall and the weather will be a warm and cozy environment to trek in the mountains. The mountains will open up closely with better views of the Mountain ranges. This season is known as the peak trekking season while on the trail you will meet many trekkers from different nationalities.
The spring season is the time to bloom the flowers and the greenery in the forest with the good voices of the birds and the animals. This is the best time for those who wish to explore the different species of flowers found in the Kanchenjunga region of Nepal.
It is also possible to trek also in the winter season as well but it might be difficult with the heavy snowfall in the mountains. You may trek with the proper gear and equipment in the region and also hire a good and experienced guide for navigation.
Permits during the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
The following Permits should be issued while trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek :
Restricted Area Permit(RAP)
The Kanchenjunga Conservation Area is a restricted area so you need to issue a Restricted area permit to enter the Conservation area. While the cost of Permits to enter varies on the trekking season or off-season. It costs USD 10 per person per week during the peak trekking season and USD 5 per person per week during the off-season.
Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Project (KCAP)
As while trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek you need to issue Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Entrance Fee permits. The Permits are available in the office of the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu.
Trekkers Information Management system (TIMS CARD)
The TIMS card is also required while commencing your trek to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek. It costs USD 10 per person.
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek Cost
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a popular and challenging trekking trail in the Kanchenjunga region that offers a wide opportunity to explore the mixture of natural beauty, cultural diversity, stunning mountain ranges, waterfalls, and traditional villages. While the cost may depend upon the various factors which determine the cost of the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek.
The major cost of the Kanchenjunga Circuit trek is as follows:
- Nepal Visa: Firstly, while entering Nepal you need to pay certain amounts to the Department of Immigration to enter Nepal which cost USD 10,20,30 respectively as per the visa norms and conditions of the trekkers traveling in Nepal.
- Permit Fees: While trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek you need to issue a Special Permit to enter the restricted area in the Kanchenjunga region which costs around USD $100 per person per week and additionally USD $15 for each day. You also need to get ACAP permits to enter the Kanchenjunga Entrance point which costs around USD $15.
- Guide and Porters: Hiring a guide and porter is recommended for KanchenjungaCircuit Trek as the trail can be challenging and remote. The cost of hiring a guide can range from US $25 to US $35 per day, while a porter can cost around US $20 to US $25 per day.
- Transportation: The KanchenjungaCircuit Trek starts and ends in the town of Taplejung, which is around a 9-hour drive from Bhadrapur Airport. The cost of transportation can vary depending on whether you hire a private jeep or take a public bus. Private transportation can cost around US $200 to US $300, while a public bus can cost around US $10 to US $20.
- Accommodation: You will need to stay in tea houses or lodges along the trekking route, which offer basic accommodation and meals. The cost of accommodation can range from US $5 to US $20 per night, depending on the season and location. Meals can cost around US $5 to US $10 per meal.
- Food and Drinks: The Food and drinks during the trek to Kanchenjunga trek depend upon the food you wish to consume and the location of the Tea house and Lodges also vary the cost of Meal which cost around USD $ 10 for typical Nepali cuisine Dal Bhat and many more as per your choice.
- Equipment and Gears: You will need to bring appropriate trekking gear and equipment for the Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek, such as a good-quality sleeping bag, trekking poles, and warm clothing. The cost of these items can vary depending on their quality and brand.
Accommodation on Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a thrilling trekking destination that takes you through the beautiful scenic views of the snow-capped Himalayas.
The following accommodation service you may get during the trek to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek:
- Tea house: Tea Houses are small lodges that provide basic accommodation to the trekkers along the trail to the Mountains. The price may vary as depending on the location of the Guest house and the Lodge. Mainly the guest house and lodge provide a shared bathroom with cozy and comfortable bedrooms. Though some of them provide attached bathrooms as well.
- Camping: Camping is for those who love to go for more adventure in the mountains. For this, all the equipment and the tents should be carried with you all over the trekking destinations.
- Homestays: Homestays are getting more popular in Nepal in this modern world. You may experience the local culture and learn about the unique culture and traditions of the local community in the traditional villages.
FAQ-Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a Challenging trek as it requires good physical fitness and you need to adapt to the High Himalayan environment to trek the Kanchenjunga region.
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek can be done in 20-25 days depending on your Itinerary and trekking pace.
While trekking to Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek you need to carry all your personal belongings with you. If you need more information please refer to Blue Lake Adventure Pvt Ltd
The flight duration from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur is around 45 to 50 minutes.
Kanchenjunga is located in eastern Nepal near the border of India and Tibet.
The best season to trek Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is Autumn (September to November)and Spring (March To May)
Yes, insurance is mandatory while trekking in the Mountain region, but be sure that the insurance covers all your emergency situations expenses.
Reviews on Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web