Gosaikunda Lake Trek Highlights
- Explore through the lush forest of rhododendron flowers, Oak, and Alpine Trees
- You will pass through the traditional Sherpa and Tamang villages, where you may also learn/experience the Sherpa and Tamang community lifestyle.
- The major highlight of the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is the Gosaikunda Lake, a holy lake for both Hindu and Buddhist religions which is totally surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- The Gosaikunda Lake is located at an altitude of 4,380M above sea level which is a challenging trek for most people.
- The trek provides you an opportunity to experience the diverse geography of Nepal, from the tropical lowlands to alpine and glaciers.
- Along the trail, you will witness the snow-capped Himalayas such as Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, and Manaslu.
- The trek is the ideal way to get rid of the daily routine and the best way to immerse yourself in the natural beauty and the high-peak mountains.
- The trek is well maintained and marked with the symbols and the sign boards
- Opportunity to meet trekkers from all over the world trekking at a high altitude.
Gosaikunda Lake Trek Overview
Gosaikunda Lake Trek is the most famous and popular trekking destination in the Langtang region of Nepal. The trek passes through beautiful landscapes, from lush forests and the Glaciers offering the beautiful snow-capped Himalayas view.
The major highlight of the trek is Gosaikunda Lake – which is a holy lake for both Hindu and Buddhist religious people. During the month of August on the Janai Purnima. Where thousands of devotees trek to worship Lord Shiva.
Typically the Gosaikunda Lake trek starts from the Dhunche which is 117 km away from Kathmandu city. The trek offers you to experience the traditional Sherpa and Tamang Villages.
Where you will have a great opportunity to know the unique traditions, culture, and day-to-day lifestyle of the local community. while the trail is well marked and well managed for better safety and comfort trekking in the high altitude.
The trek is favorable for beginners and experienced trekking personnel. The trek can be completed in 5-7 days depending upon the trail you choose and the Itinerary you prefer and also on the pace of your walking.
Besides, the Gosaikunda Lake Trek you may also explore the Langtang Valley Trek and Tamang Heritage Trek in the Langtang region. The trek is challenging because it involves the ascends and descends and high altitudes in the Himalayas.
Reaching Gosaikunda Lake, at an altitude of 4,380m above sea level you will also gain an opportunity to explore the Surya Kunda after hiking for 30 minutes. You will witness the most beautiful panoramic views and the landscapes from the top of the Surya Peak.
Along the Trail, you may explore the diverse flora and fauna found in the Langtang region including the Rhododendron, Oak, Bamboo, and Several Himalayan herbs and shrubs. You may also explore and visit the Sing Gompa Monastery at an elevation of 3,200m which is the ancient Tibetan Monastery in the Langtang region of Nepal.
The Gosaikunda Lake trek also offers a wide opportunity to experience yourself physically and mentally while beating the trails in the High altitude where there is thin fresh air. It will be the best way to get rid of your day-to-day routine and connect yourself with nature in the high Himalayas.
The best time to trek Gosaikunda Lake is late September to November and March to May when the weather will be clear and the mountain ranges clear up with stunning views of the high snow-capped Himalayas.
You may also ask the agency to customize the trekking itinerary as per your requirements, preference, and the number of days you want to trek in the Himalayas.
Today early in the morning we will drive to the small town of Dhunche- a gateway to the Gosaikunda trek. Along the drive, we will be witnessing the beautiful panoramic views of the Himalayas and the waterfalls, and the streams.
You will also encounter the traditional unique lifestyle of the people and their culture and traditions.
Reaching Dhunche we will commence our trek to the classic Gosaikunda Lake Trek. We will pass the small villages and the trail involves the ups and downs following the Gosaikunda River beside the trail.
The trail passes within the lush range of different species of the flora and fauna found in the region and the gossip of the birds makes you feel more connected with nature. Our first overnight stay will be in Deurali.
Today!! Is the day we will be reaching the holy lake Gosaikunda for both Hindu and Buddhist religions. After having our breakfast the trail takes us as ascending uphills through the dense forest of oak and rhododendron flowers with beautiful panoramic views.
We will be crossing the villages of Dimsa, Sing Gompa, Cholangpati, and Lauri Binayak to reach the holy Gosaikunda Lake in the Lap of the mountain ranges.
As we pass Cholnagpati, the tree line disappears and the alpine seems to start where you will only see the Himalayan very small herbs and shrubs found in the high altitude nearby the mountain ranges.
And also offers beautiful majestic views of the mountain ranges such as Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, and Paldor Peak.
Tibetan ranges and The Tibetan Valley as well. As we gain elevation we feel hard in breathing and difficult to trek with fewer steps.
We will stop in Gosaikunda for a few hours and we will hike to the Gosaikunda peak and get back down for an overnight stay.
This morning we will commence our hike to Surya Kunda which takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach over from Gosaikunda Lake. Along the trail, there are many lakes you will encounter to reach Suryakunda Lake.
From the top of Surya Peak, you will witness the majestic vistas of the Himalayas and the panoramic views all around. After exploring for a few hours we descend down to the Gosaikunda will take our breakfast and explore the Gosaikunda Lake for a few hours and with our heavy heart will descend down to the Sing Gompa for an overnight stay in the Himalayas.
With a comfortable stay in the tea house, consuming our breakfast we will trek back leaving behind the Sing Gompa.
Following the rough and dusty trails through the villages of Dimsa and Deurali meeting with the different trekkers along the trail.
we keep on reducing the high altitude and making ourselves comfortable to breathe. You will see the tree line appearing as you hike to the city area.
we will see all the trails via our naked eyes till the Buddha Park and as getting back we reach the river as the following will lead us to the small town for our overnight stay.
Where we will have our successful trekking party drink beers and eat good food in the Hotel and take hot showers for our bodies to get relaxed.
Overnight stay in the Hotel at Dhunche which will be our last trekking overnight stay.
Today, we will drive back to Kathmandu city by our private bus/jeep as per your preference. It takes around 6-7 hours to reach KTM and reaching KTM we will directly transfer you to the Hotel.
As you get fresh you may explore the Thamel area and buy goods and gifts for your loved and beloved ones from the beautiful market of Thamel.
What is included in the Langtang Valley Trek?
- Airport Pick up and drop free of Cost
- Kathmandu – Dhunche – Kathmandu round trip by Local Bus
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- Langtang National Park entry Permit fee
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- The Permit of the Local Government and Sagarmatha National Park
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our Control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes , illness landslide, etc
Gosaikunda Lake Trek Permits
The Gosaikunda Lake Trek is the most beautiful and popular trekking destination in Nepal which is located in the North belt of Nepal. As to trekking in the Gosaikunda Lake, firstly you should issue the TIMS cards and Langtang National Park Entrance Fee.
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS Card)
The Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card) is mandatory while trekking in the High Altitude of the Himalayas. The TIMS card can be obtained from the office of the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu. You will need to provide the passport-size photo and the details of your passport to the permit issuing officer. The TIMS card should be with you during your whole trekking period.
Langtang National Park Permit
The Langtang National Park Entrance Fee permit can be obtained from the Langtang National Park office in Kathmandu and also from the distribution channels. A national park permit should be issued to enter the National park for trekking purposes in the Langtang region.
Gosaikunda Lake Trek Cost
Typically, the cost of a Gosaikunda Lake trek varies on the length of stay, the mode of Transportation you prefer the time of trekking, also the service you wish to have in the Himalayas.
The estimated cost of the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is as follows:
- Trekking permits: While trekking to Gosaikunda Lake Trek you need to obtain Trekking Permits such as Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card) and Langtang National Park Entrance Permit. The TIMS card and Langtang National Park permit cost NPR 2,000 and 3,000 respectively to foreigners.
- Guide and Porters: If you are willing to hire a Guide and Porter during your trekking days, the cost mainly varies on the number of days, the service you require, and the number of people in the group. The cost Guide costs NPR 3,000-4,000 per day and for Porter, it costs 2,000 -2,500 per day.
- Accommodation: During the trek, all the accommodation will be in the Tea house along the trail or in the small Tamang traditional villages. Typically, the cost of accommodation ranges from NPR 5,00 to 1,000 per night.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation mainly depends upon the starting point of your trek and the type of vehicle you choose to use during the trekking period. The cost comes low when you use local public vehicles (Jeep and Bus) while if you use the private Bus and Jeep the cost rises automatically.
- Foods and Drinks: During your trek in the Gosaikunda Lake trek, you may buy meals and drinks from the lodges and tea houses along the route or within the villages. The cost of food is usually NPR 500 to 1,500 per meal per person.
- Equipment: While trekking in the High Himalayas, your equipment should be very reliable and good. You may buy all the gear and equipment in Thamel, Kathmandu or you may also hire all the equipment you want for the whole trekking days.
Accommodation During Gosaikunda Lake Trek
The Tea Houses and Lodges are the main sources of accommodation on the Gosaikunda Lake Trek. Tea Houses are the simplest hotels that give bed, breakfast, and blankets to all trekkers during their high-altitude journey. The Lodge has more comfortable and cozy beds, as well as individual rooms and hot showers for hikers.
The cost of lodging is often determined by the service requested. It varies according to the trekking season and the location of the tea house, ranging from NPR 1,000 to NPR 1,500 a night per person.
It is essential to remember that tea houses and lodges at high altitudes are simple and may lack the amenities available in urban/city locations. During your stay, you are welcome to explore and appreciate the Tamang community’s distinct culture and traditions.
During your journey Gosaikunda Lake Trek, all of the tea houses and lodges are made of wood, reflecting the local people’s traditions.
The tea houses and lodges offer pleasant rooms with shared bathrooms, while some may also offer attached bathrooms.
Altitude and Terrain
Located in the Langtang region of Nepal, the Gosaikunda Lake trek offers breathtaking vistas of the surrounding mountains and forests as it winds through traditional villages. The trek’s altitude and terrain will change depending on the path you take, but here is general information for your trek.
- Altitude: The highest point along the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is somewhere between 43,000 and 5,145 meters above sea level. The trail begins at an elevation of 2,030 meters in Dhunche I and climbs steadily higher as it continues. The hike is rated as moderately difficult to extremely difficult, so you should take it easy for a while and let your body adjust to the high altitude before continuing.
- Terrain: The trail travels through a variety of terrain, including wooded areas, open meadows, and steep mountain valleys. The trail is clearly marked and frequently used, but it is occasionally difficult due to its rocky and steep terrain. There are some uphill and downhill stretches, and you’ll cross a few suspension bridges over rivers and streams.
- Weather: The Langtang region’s weather is pretty unpredictable, and temperatures drop precipitously at higher altitudes. Although the days may be warm, you should pack for cooler temperatures in the evenings and for the possibility of heavy rain or snowfall at any time of year.
The People and The Culture
The Gosaikunda Lake Trek is a popular trekking destination for all trekkers which also offers diverse religions and is rich in culture and traditions in the high Himalayas. The trek will also offer you an experience of the Ancient Tibetan People and Tamang people’s culture, traditions, and traditional way of living their life in the High Himalayas.
The Tamang are the Indigenous People and the Community in the Langtang region, and they are rich in cultural heritage which can be mainly seen in their dance, festivals, culture, and the music they sing. These communities are also known for their warm hospitality and all the visitors are welcomed with open hearts during the whole trek in Langtang Valley trek and Tamanag Heritage Trek.
The Sherpa, who are originally from Tibet and are also staying in the Langtang region do have a rich culture and Traditions, which are deeply connected with the natural universe. Mainly known for their skilled mountaineering and trekking in Nepal which plays a vital role in all adventure activities.
Along the trek to Gosaikunda Lake Trek, you will get an opportunity to explore and visit the Monasteries, Stupas, and Chortens. while the Gumpa and Monasteries are good places to meditate and are rich in cultural significance.
You may also interact with the local people and learn about the Tamang and Sherpa people about their Traditions, Culture, and religions in the lap of the Himalayas.
Gears and Equipment
When planning to trek in the high Himalayas, good gear and equipment are necessary to trek in Gosaikunda Lake Trek. It’s more important to be well-prepared for various situations and challenges that you may face during the trek.
The following is the list to carry with you while trekking to the Gosaikunda Lake Trek:
- Backpack(BAGS): A high-quality backpack that can hold at least 35 to 45 liters of gear and supplies is essential.
- Trekking Boots: High-quality hiking boots or trail running shoes, ideally with plenty of support and traction, are a must for rough terrain.
- Sleeping Bag: Comfortable sleeping gear is required for overnight stays at the trail’s teahouses.
- Tent: A tent that is both lightweight and durable is an absolute necessity if you enjoy camping.
- Clothing: Due to the unpredictability of the weather, you should bring warm layers, a waterproof jacket, and quick-drying clothes.
- First Aid Kit: Band-aids, pain relievers, and antiseptic wipes are just some of the essentials that should be included in a first-aid kit.
- Water Bottle: Keep yourself hydrated by packing at least a couple of water bottles and, if possible, a water purification system.
- Snacks and Chocolate: High-energy snacks, like energy bars, trail mix, and dried fruits, are essential for sustaining you on the trail.
- Google Maps and Compass: In the event that the weather turns bad, you will need a good map and compass to find your way.
- Trash Bags: Use trash bags, and remember to empty them before you leave. Garbage bags are helpful for transporting trash from one location to another.
- Sunscreen Cream: Sunscreen is crucial for skin protection, especially at higher altitudes, where the sun is more intense.
Best Time for Gosaikunda Lake Trek
The ideal time for you to trek the Gosaikunda Lake Trek is going to vary depending on your particular tastes and the kinds of weather in which you are comfortable hiking. The following is a description of the two most popular trekking seasons, along with the benefits that each offers:
Spring (March to May): This is the height of the hiking season when the weather is warm and clear and the forests are lush and verdant. The rhododendrons are at their most beautiful during this time of year, adding to the charm of the hiking trail.
Autumn (September to November): This is also a great season for going hiking because the skies are usually clear and the temperatures are comfortable. The views of the mountains are normally unobstructed, and the colors of autumn are vividly displayed in the surrounding forests.
FAQ-Gosaikunda Lake Trek
How high is Gosaikunda Lake?
Gosaikunda Lake lies at an altitude of 4,330 M above sea level.
Yes, there is a chance but we will trek as with the standard way of getting full acclimatization in the high altitude environment.
The accommodation will be in the tea house and lodge along the route or in a small village.
While the food will be available as per your preference on the Menu and you may order the typical local food as well.
The Gosaikunda Lake Trek can be completed in 5-7 days depending upon Your Itinerary and the pace of walking.
The major Highlight of the Trek is Gosaikunda Lake, a holy lake for both Hindu and Buddhist religions.
Reviews on Gosaikunda Lake Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web