Annapurna Base Camp 6 Days Trek Highlights
- The most well-known and often visited hiking location in the Annapurna range
- Opportunities to learn about different species of birds and animals while traveling through the thick Rhododendron forest.
- Annapurna base camp is a short and rewarding destination for trekkers who want to explore some of the world’s tallest peaks.
- Actively engaging with different practices like learning about the histories and cultural practices of the different communities residing in the region
- On the approach to Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you will be passing through areas that are dotted with stupas, Chortens, and Tibetan flags
- Trying different traditional and signature foods of the Rai and Gurung communities
- Views of the Annapurna Massif, Dhaulagiri, and Machhapuchhre are simply breathtaking and majestic
- The Machhapuchhre Base Camp Trek, which ultimately leads to ABC, is the route trail of the trek.
- Opportunity to travel to the Annapurna Glacier, which is known for its breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.
- Engage in conversation with the locals to know better about the lifestyles
- Exploration of different cultures and ways of living of the Himalayan people
The 6 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a well-known destination that can be found in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The trek lasts for a total of six days. The mountain ranges of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Machhapuchhre may be seen in their full splendor from this vantage point.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek of 6 days is ideal for those who want to explore the majestic Himalayan Ranges in a short time. This trek highlights the best part of the Annapurna region because trekking to the base camp will let you experience the unexplored part of the region.
During the 6 days of ABC Trek, we will hike along the Modi Khola River at our own pace while following the traditional route. You can take in the picturesque views of the rice paddies and watch the children play in one of the village’s nooks. During the entire hike to Annapurna Base Camp, it will be more pleasurable to engage in conversation with younger people and children.
The trek will take you through the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP), which is home to various species of flora, fauna, and different bird/animal species. You will see dense forests of rhododendrons and lush forests along the way. If you’re lucky, you might see a Himalayan snow leopard near the base camp.
You will also be traveling through the Machhapuchhre Base Camp along the trail that leads you to the 6 days Annapurna Base Camp trek as you make your way through the Annapurna Glacier. This will take place as you get closer to the Annapurna Base Camp.
The tea houses and lodges along the way to your final destination in the Annapurna region will be your only places to stay as you travel through Nepal to get there. The tea houses and lodges give you the best hospitality as well as warm and cozy bedrooms with shared bathrooms. Depending on the weather conditions along the path, some of the tea houses and lodges may also provide you with attached bathrooms as well as the convenience of WI-FI.
Having a passion for traveling and discovering the Himalayas in the Annapurna region, most people in modern times choose to go on the 6 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek because of its duration and best experience.
If trekking in the Himalayan region excites you then ABC 6 days trek is just an ideal option for you. For the short and convenient trek to the Annapurna region, remember Blue Lake Adventure as your guide in trekking. We have been providing the best service for trekking, tours, and other different adventurous activities. With us, you can have your best moment in the Annapurna Region including every safety and service.
The beauty of the Himalayas awaits you, so get ready to embark on the journey to experience the breathtaking views of Annapurna Base Camp with us.
Early this morning we will have a few hours’ drive to Jhinu Danda from Pokhara to reach the starting point of our trek. On reaching Jhinu Danda, we will prepare ourselves with a few minutes of exercise before commencing our trek towards the village of Chomrong (1,951m).
Along the trail, we will pass through the dense forest of Rhododendron flowers and oak trees found in the Annapurna region.
Our trail passes via the village of Chomrong, the settlement of the Gurung communities where the trekkers get an opportunity to explore the culture and traditions of the local communities.
The higher altitude we gain, the better views of the Himalayas we can witness along the trail to Annapurna Base Camp. The views include the panoramic view of the Annapurna and Machhapuchhre range.
After passing the village of Chomrong we will ascend the uphills to the village of Sinuwa where we will have our first stay in the Himalayas of Annapurna region.
On day 02 of our trek to Annapurna Base Camp, you will wake up in the Himalayas with the best sunrise view in the village of Sinuwa. After having breakfast, we will then commence our trek descending for a few hours to reach the Bamboo village situated at an elevation of 2,050m.
Along the trail, we will pass through lush Bamboo forests and Oak beside the trail.
Passing the Bamboo, our trail for a few hours will take us through the climbing uphills to reach the Dovan. And after passing from Dovan, the trails start to descend followed by the uphills which will take us to the Himalayas.
On crossing the Himalayas, the trail starts to ascend uphill gaining more altitude. While following the trail encountering the forests of rhododendrons and different flora & fauna, we will head to Deurali.
In our 6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Deurali will be our second destination to stay where we will have an overnight stay in the Himalayas.
Today we will have our breakfast early in the morning with the best majestic views of the snowcapped Himalayas from Deurali. After breakfast, we will follow our trail which starts to climb up hills with an increase in altitude.
With the climb in the uphills, we will reach Machhapuchhre Base Camp located at an altitude of 3,700m above sea level.
From the Machhapuchhre Base Camp, you will witness the beautiful vistas of Annapurna, Machhapuchhre and Mardi Himal.
After having stunning panoramic views of different mountain ranges from MBC, we will hike along the trail. Along the trail, we will observe the tree line disappear by letting Himalayan herbs and shrubs appear beside the trail to ABC trek.
Now the trail to ABC will be a wide and flat terrain path. We will then walk along the Annapurna Glacier to reach Annapurna Base Camp.
On reaching Annapurna Base Camp, you can explore the high Himalayas. From ABC, you can experience the 360-degree view of the Himalayas like Annapurna South, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and Himchuli.
During the night time, you can also explore the twinkling stars and shining beautiful moon. While the temperature will be at freezing point wearing good gear will warm up your body. We will also enjoy the campfire while having overnight camp at the Annapurna Base Camp.
Today we will witness the sunrise from the Himalayas which directly hits the Annapurna with its rays which makes Annapurna look like Gold plated.
With the beautiful sunrise view in between the Himalayan ranges, you can find positive vibes that will motivate you to keep trekking in different parts of Nepal.
In between those stunning moments, you can also view the Annapurna Glacier and other beautiful mountains which add beauty to the scene.
After our breakfast, while enjoying the beauty of Annapurna, we will prepare ourselves to depart from Annapurna Base Camp.
We will then descend down to the Bamboo via Machhapuchhre Base Camp. While descending down the tree line, there appears a beautiful scenario of mountain peaks and lush forests.
After tracing our way back to Bamboo, we will rest and take overnight camp. In the meantime, we will communicate with native Himalayan people to know more about their lifestyle.
Today our trail passes through the dense forest of Bamboo along the way while descending to the Jhinu Danda. Along the trail, we encounter different species of birds, animals, and the dense forest of rhododendrons.
After reaching Jhinu Danda, we will explore and get into the Natural hot spring to relax our muscles. Because of the hot spring, you will find it worth hiking uphill.
For a great journey, it is always important to have a better ending. So, we have added the hot spring to our Annapurna Base Camp 6 Days Trek itinerary.
Jhinu Danda will be our last trekking overnight spot and we will have a trekking meal in the Himalayas. During the overnight stay, we will enjoy some of the best practices to make our adventure in the Annapurna region more memorable.
With Blue Lake Adventure, you can get the best services while trekking for the ABC short trek.
This morning after our breakfast, we will scenic drive to the magical city of Pokhara. While driving back to Pokhara, you will encounter the view of the different rural countryside of Nepal.
In Pokhara, we will enjoy our success of trekking to Annapurna Base Camp Trek by having ourselves treated to some delicious local cuisine and drinks.
In the itinerary of the ABC 6 days trek, we can also add resorts to your wish to enjoy the moments after trekking. Pokhara is one of the best places to have picturesque views of different mountain ranges.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist bus with A/C
- Two Nights Accommodation at a Tourist standard Hotel with Attached bathroom & A/C in Pokhara (Breakfast Included )
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- Both ways by private transport from Pokhara to / Kimche (trek start) – to Pokhara
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter (for every two trekkers 1 Porter to carry 12 kg baggage)
- Guide and porter’s salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the trek
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP)
- Trekkers Information Management System Card (TIMS)
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map (Down jacket and sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- Airport drop
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu ($25- $30 for 15 Days, $40-50 for 20 Days and 90 days- $100-$110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 12 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, (tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, beverages, boiled water, Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery charger, telephone call and extra porter.
- Personal Gears and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, porter, restaurant, or Driver
- Additional costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example-itinerary modification, change of government policy, strikes, illness landslide, etc
Best Time for Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Every trekking enthusiast and nature lover is recommended to trek through the Annapurna region. Among the many options for adventurers in the Annapurna region, the 6 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek stands out as the most well-known and well-loved by visitors from all over the world.
Depending on your physical condition and the specifics of your planned itinerary, the Trek to ABC can be undertaken at any time of year. Late September to early November is prime time for visiting Nepal. During that time, the sky will be clear and the sun will be warm and comforting. Which is helpful for hikers on the way to Annapurna Base Camp.
As you continue to observe the Mountains, you will be treated to ever-expanding panoramas and stunning close-up views. The months of March through May make up fall. The Himalayas can be climbed safely now. Many hikers will be spotted along the trail, all smiling in anticipation of the upcoming adventure.
From base camp, you can watch as hordes of hikers pack up their tents and load their packs for the final ascent to the peak. All the trekkers and expedition fans who are determined to make the summit push will bring a lot of joy and happiness to the base camp.
There will be no snowfall throughout the expedition season, and the forest floor will be carpeted with Rhododendron blooms and other green flora and wildlife on the way to Base camp.
While a journey to Annapurna base camp for 6 days in the winter is doable, it may be hampered by heavy precipitation at high altitudes. It’s the finest time of year to go skiing, ice-climbing, and sledding in the Himalayas, and for snow adventure with your team. If you want to make it to Annapurna Base Camp in the winter, hiring a group of highly qualified guides who have access to the most up-to-date information is essential.
The 6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a popular trekking destination for all the outdoor lovers in the Annapurna Region. The accommodation on the Trek to Annapurna Base Camp trek is typically a tea house found on the route to the Annapurna Base Camp.
The tea house during your trek offers you cozy comfortable bedrooms with shared bathrooms while some do have attached bathrooms available as well. The tea house provides food, shelter, and shower facilities to all the hikers during the short trek to Annapurna Base Camp trek.
While trekking to Annapurna Base Camp, the facilities and amenities vary. The starting point of the Annapurna Base camp trek provides you with better rooms with an attached bathroom while you might not get the same services as you are in the Himalayas or high elevation.
Most of the tea houses have cozy comfortable bedrooms, hygienic kitchens, friendly staff members, and hot shower facilities along with Wi-Fi facilities. But because of the high altitude, you may face problems like slow internet connections or no networks available.
The tea houses or lodges at the 6 days Annapurna Base camp trek are mainly made up of wood and bricks at a few starting points. But the rooms will be very warm and clean with a good sleeping environment in the Himalayas for you.
In the evening you can use the heater for extremely cold conditions but with us, you can enjoy the firewood to keep yourself warm in the cold environment of Annapurna Region. While enjoying the warmth of firewood, you can have conversations with locals and friends with hot tea/coffee.
Permit Fees during Annapurna Base Camp Trek
You are going to need a certain permit to enter the trekking location when you are going to be doing the 6-Day Annapurna Base Camp trekking in the Annapurna region. The sum that was collected through the permits will be used to conserve the region’s natural and cultural resources in the Annapurna Mountains.
During your time hiking in ABC, you will need to get these permits:
Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) Permit
The Annapurna Conservation Area Permit is required for all hikers before they are granted access to the Annapurna Conservation Area by the officials of the Annapurna Conservation Area Permit. The permits of the ACAP are readily available in the office of the Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu. Having an Annapurna Base Camp short trek with us can be beneficial with Blue Lake Adventure because we provide every permit fee required for trekking.
Trekkers Information Mangement System (TIMS) Card
While trekking in Nepal, you are required to obtain a Trekkers Information Management System Card. This card can be used to access any destination in Nepal. Before beginning your trip in the Himalayas, you should have a TIMS card to be properly prepared.
Pokhara and Kathmandu both have locations where you can get a TIMS card. The TIMS card can be purchased at the Nepal Tourism Board headquarters in Kathmandu.
Restricted Area Special Permits
You will need to obtain a special permit to hike in restricted areas of the Annapurna region, such as the Thorong-La pass, Nar Phu, and Upper Mustang if you intend to do so. This is the case if you plan to go on a trek in those areas. The special permits to trek in restricted areas are issued by the Department of Immigration, and the cost of these permits varies depending on the number of trekking days you take.
6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost
The Annapurna Base Camp 6 days Trek costs mainly depend upon the number of trekking days and season of trekking. The type of accommodation and services you choose can increase or decrease the cost of the short trek to the Annapurna region.
If you take the Annapurna Base Camp Trek package with us, you will get the best offer and discounts which will cost you less than other travel agencies.
The following are the main costs during your trek to ABC:
- Permits: During your trek in Annapurna Base Camp, TIMS card and ACAP permits are mandatory to trek in Annapurna region which costs around USD 20-30 per person. If you are trekking to restricted areas in the Annapurna region then special permits for restricted areas should be issued which cost around USD 500-1000, such as Thorong La Pass, Upper Mustang, and Nar Phu.
- Guide or Porter: Hiring a guide is more important while trekking to high altitudes in the Annapurna region. A guide and porter will make your trekking journey more reliable and comfortable. The cost may vary according to guide and porter but normally it costs around USD 25-30 per day for a guide and USD 20-25 per day for a porter.
- Transportation: To trek in the Annapurna region, you can go via flight or roadways to Pokhara from Kathmandu. So while planning the trek, make bookings of flights and all the roadways vehicles for the smooth operation of the trek to Annapurna Base Camp. The cost of a vehicle increases as the mode of transport you choose while trekking to Annapurna Base camp.
- Accommodation: During your trek to Annapurna Base Camp Trek all the total will be in the tea house which may cost around USD 10 to 25/day. As the accommodation cost depends upon the location, altitude, and facilities it’s best to look around to find the ideal accommodation.
- Food and Drinks: While trekking to Annapurna Base Camp, the cost for food and drinks are low costing you around 5 dollars – 15 dollars. Also, the costs depend on the food and beverage you choose.
Final Say by Blue Lake Adventure
Blue Lake Adventure is one of the leading travel agencies in Nepal that has served different trekkers around the world for decades. With 15+ years in the tourism field, we have achieved remarkable reputations for different adventurous activities.
You can book the 6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek with us and get one of the best experiences of your life. We aim to make every trekker’s dream successful by providing the best services for trekking. You can book the package online by simply clicking on the book option. Or, you can leave us an email and contact us through our contact page.
Let us be your travel guide in Nepal and help you experience the unexplored regions of Nepal.
Most Asked Questions by Travellers
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is considerably moderate trek in Annapurna Region. It is because the trails to ABC aren’t difficult. Also, the climate are favorable which makes the trekking more easy and convenient.
Usually the Annapurna Base Camp trek is of 6 to 12 days, but you can customize the itinerary plans as per your preference. You can adjust the time to travel and places to travel.
With Blue Lake Adventure, you can have your itinerary fully customized. Also, our experienced trekking guides will assist you in modifying the Annapurna Base Camp Trek route.
You can complete your trek to Annapurna Base camp on various packages of trek either 10days, 14 days, and 7 and 6 days depending on your time period of staying in Nepal.
Yes, trekking to Annapurna Base camp is safer as there are a number of checkpoints and no double way to get lost in the middle of your trek in Annapurna region. Also,
If you are going for trek to Annapurna Base Camp, you need to make sure that your luggage have the following things in them:
Wearing warm clothing such as down jackets, pants, and shirts, as well as hiking boots and waterproof shoes, a water bottle, and other items, is essential.
The highest elevation you have to go in Annapurna Base Camp Trek is 4,130m which is considerably normal so it is likely to have difficulties like altitude sickness during Annapurna region trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is 68.8 miles to complete the whole trekking.
The Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms often begin to appear at around elevation of 2,500m. While the ABC onset altitude is typically around 4000 meters, nearly double the AMS onset height so there might be chances of getting AMS but you will have experienced guides and health kits to help you get through it.
Reviews on 6 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web