Highlights of Gokyo Lake Trek
- The renowned Gokyo Lake trek leads hikers to Mount Everest’s base camp in the Nepalese Himalayas, the highest mountain in the entire globe.
- The journey begins and concludes in the town of Lukla, which is reachable from Kathmandu after a brief flight.
- Depending on the route used and the hikers’ pacing, the walk usually lasts 8 to 10 days.
- The trail offers breathtaking vistas of the Himalayas as it travels past little towns, verdant forests, and high mountain passes.
- Hikers will pass by a number of well-known peaks along the journey, including Ama Dablam, Lhotse, and Nuptse.
- Due to the steep inclines and high altitude, the walk can be physically taxing for some hikers.
- Due to the steep elevations and high altitude, the walk can be physically taxing for some hikers.
- To prevent altitude sickness, acclimatization is crucial, and it is advised to take rest days while on the hike.
- When the weather is bright and dry, between September and November and March and May are the ideal times to go hiking.
- With shorter routes and side trips available, the walk can be tailored to different fitness levels and time constraints.
- The journey ends at Gokyo Lake where trekkers may receive a close-up look at the illustrious peak.
Gokyo Lake Trek Overview
The Gokyo Lake Trek is an ideal trekking destination for all outdoor lovers willing to trek in the Everest region. Gokyo Lake Trek, which is made up of a mixture of six lakes or bodies of water is located at an altitude of 4700m from sea level.
Gokyo Lake Trek is a challenging trekking zone in the Khumbu region, which offers a mesmerizing view of snow-capped Himalayas and overnight stay at Namche Bazaar-known as the gateway to the Everest region.
The Gokyo Lake Trek is situated at a high altitude in the Himalayas in the Everest region. The Gokyo Lakes is Himalayan fresh water on the lap of Mt.Choyo which lies in Sagarmatha National Park.
The Gokyo Lake Trek is the world’s highest fresh Himalayan water, which is the holy lake for both Hindu and Buddhist religions. During the month of August on Janai Purnima more than thousands of devotees trek to Gokyo Lakes to worship the Nag Devta (Snake God), where Lord Vishnu and Shiva statues are situated at the western corner of Gokyo Lakes.
The trail to Gokyo Lake Trek is quieter than the Classic Everest Base Camp Trek. while you meet with local people, yak carrying the goods to their own destination. You will be welcomed with a beautiful view of the Himalayas and of course, the beauty of Gokyo Lakes take your breath away for a while
While spending an off day at Namche Bazaar before heading to Gokyo Lakes offers you an opportunity to hike to Khumjung Village or Hotel Everest View from where you can enjoy the majestic view of the Himalayas on the other and explore the local community of Sherpa settlement.
What are Included inGokyo Lake Trek ?
- Airport Pick up and Drop by Private Car
- Kathmandu Airport- Lukla- Kathmandu Round trip flight ticket
- Best available lodge accommodation during the trek twin sharing
- All standard meals full board with tea/ coffee (Lunches, Dinners, and Breakfasts) during the trek
- Government licensed holder Blue Lake Adventure experienced trek Guide and porter ( Every two trekkers 1 Porter Carry 11 kg Baggage
- Guide and porter include their salary, meals, lodging, and insurance
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water during the
- Sagarmatha National Park entry fee
- (TIMS) card Trekkers Information Management System
- The Permit of the Local Government and Sagarmatha National Park
- Everyday Seasonal Fruits
- Down Jackets, Sleeping Bag, Blue Lake Adventure T-Shirt, and Annapurna Base camp map ( Down jacket and Sleeping bag to be returned after the trek )
- Medical Kits
- All Nepal Government taxes and office expenses
- Rescue operations in case of complicated in funded by travel insurance
- Blue Lake Adventure Certificate after the successful trek
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- International Flights ticket
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Visa Cost on Arrival in International Airport Kathmandu (15 Days, $ 25- $30 30 Days – $40-50, and 90 days- $100-110)
- Extra luggage (limit is 11 kg per trekker)
- All Accommodation and meals before and after the journey in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Personal Expenses (Snacks, ( tea/ Coffee) cold drinks, Alcohol, Boil water Wi-Fi, hot shower, battery re- Charge, telephone call, and extra porter
- Personal Gear and clothes
- Personal Trekking equipment
- Tips, Guide, Porter, restaurant, Driver
- Additional Costs like delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control, for example- itinerary modification, change of government policy, Strikes, illness landslide, etc
Best Time To Trek Gokyo Lake Trek
Trekking to Gokyo Lake will be the dream destination to reach all the people. while to fulfill your wish the best seasons to trek Gokyo Lake are spring (late March to May) and Autumn (Late September to November) Both seasons will have clear skies, no clouds, clean mountains, and a few littered snow somewhere.
Spring (Late March to May)
The season of blooming the flowers and greenery in the forest. During the first month, the less a crowd of trekkers trekking to the destination, and the availability of rooms is affordable too.
It is also the season for the expedition lover to push their summit on the top of the Himalayas either Mt.Everest, Mt.Choyo, or Mt.Makalu. It is the best time for expedition lovers to push on the summit while no more snowfall takes place at high elevations.
Autumn (Late September to November)
During Autumn, the monsoon season ends In Nepal, and the Tourism peak period takes off in every corner of Nepal. The number of Travellers and trekkers increases.
The weather looks clear blue without the clouds around and while trekking to Gokyo Lake Trek due to the blue open sky the water looks dark blue which takes your breath away for a while.
In Nepal, Autumn is the peak season for trekking and a huge number of trekkers keep on trekking to their destination. On the other hand, the availability of rooms might be difficult, so booking in advance is mandatory while the mesmerizing view of the snow-capped Himalayas and the Gokyo Lake is just amazing.
Equipment and Packaging List For Gokyo Lake Trek
While trekking to the highest lake in the Everest region, all the basic requirements are provided in the teahouse such as food, roof, and others. So no extra equipment is required besides your own personal belongings.
The following personal equipment should be packed with you while trekking to Everest Three Pass:
- Personal Hygiene: Toothbrush, Towel, soaps, etc
- Water bottle: During our trek, we will be crossing the dense forest with no settlement and water available, so carrying our own bottle of water is best.
- Clothes: down jacket, shirts, comfortable full shoes, trousers, gloves, etc
- Others: Goggles, camera, power bank, and charger
Permits During Gokyo Lake Trek
The Nepalese government issues permits to all tourists of all nationalities who intend to hike to Gokyo Lake Trek. While the permit fee is collected by the Nepali government, either locally or centrally, it will be used to promote the conservation of wildlife species and the Himalayan ranges.
All hikers must have permission in order to visit any national parks, restricted areas, or trekking zones in the Everest region. The entry permit is the same as for other national parks and conservation areas in the nation, though it may vary depending on the region’s trekking paths according to local government norms and regulations.
The amount collected will be taken for the sustainable development of the trekking trails in the Everest region for the ease and proper way to hike for the trekkers. Which will also create employment opportunities for the local community people of the region.
While trekking through Everest Three Pass, the following entrance permits are required for every traveler:
- Khumbu Pasang Lamu Rural Municipality Entrance permit
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit
Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit
The local government of Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality started collecting the entrance permit of NPR 2000 directly from all foreigners trekking to the Everest region on the 1st of October 2018 AD replacing the TIMS card (Trekkers Information Management system).
While it’s not possible to pay the local government tax from Kathmandu, if a trekker is traveling from Lukla then you may get it at Lukla. On the other hand, if you’re traveling from Jiri or Salleri then it is possible at Monjo while trekking to the region of Everest.,
Note: Additional permit is required if you are traveling from Jiri, more information is below:
Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit
It is the existing rules of the National Park under the rules of the Nepal government. The entry permit of NPR 3000 per person should be paid while entering the Sagarmatha National Park. The national park entry permit is easily available at the Nepal Tourism Board In KTM.
Additional permit required while traveling from Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek.
While you are traveling from Jiri to Gokyo Lakes trek in the Everest region by roadways you will be more eligible to pay NPR of 3000 per person for the Gaurishankar Conservation area entry permit fee. The Gaurishankar Conservation Area entrance fee can be paid at the Kathmandu office of the Nepal Tourism Board.
Gokyo Lake Trek Cost
Depending on the type of trip you want to do, Gokyo Lake Trek and all other trekking locations in the Everest region have different prices. Typically, the cost of a luxury trek starts at USD 4,499 and ranges from USD 1,099 for a budget trek. Specifically, the costs of permits, transportation, and Nepali visa fees that you cannot avoid. While you may take into account the type of travel you’re looking for, insurance, and lodging.
The following are the basic pricing to do trek in Gokyo Lake Trek :
- Permits: While trekking to the Everest Region, mainly Sagarmatha National Park permits and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Permit. Refer to the above Permits.
- Nepal Visa: You require a visa while entering the Nepal territory which costs $30,$50 depending on the length of your stay.
- Food and Accommodation: While traveling to Nepal, the cost greatly depends on your preferences for food and lodging. Depending on your needs, you can choose between budget-friendly guest houses, hostels, and five-star hotels, which may cost you $10 and $25, respectively. The same is true when trekking to the highest passes in the Everest region, such as Gokyo Lake Trek.
- Transportation: The highest cost, while planning for travel is Transportation. So suggest you book your flights, and vehicle in advance before the date of travel.
Accommodation on Gokyo Lake Trek
Except for your stays in a hotel in Kathmandu before and after your journey, all of your lodgings during the Gokyo Lake Trek Nepal will be in the Everest Region. Among the tea houses, there are a lot of B&B lodges designed exclusively for trekkers.
The teahouses in the Everest region are clean and cozy, and provide overnight accommodations for trekkers. Electrical power will be provided, albeit some places might charge a small fee.
Depending on the accessibility of the modes of transportation, tea houses have rooms made of plaster or wood. The staff will light the Himalayan heater in the dining area during your overnight stay in the teahouse to keep you all warm and comfortable.
You will meet with various folks in the tea house for amusing chit-chat and to learn about their travels.
Food on The Gokyo Lake Trek
Don’t be embarrassed to ask for more food at the tea house when you are on the Khumbu region’s trekking trail to Gokyo Lake. Although all the tea houses on the route to Gokyo Lake have identical meal choices, prices may vary depending on where the tea house is located. The cuisine will be better for you to eat with your traveling companions and will more fully satisfy your appetite.
The following are the most common dishes and most popular among trekkers:
- Dal Bhat: Dal Bhat is more famous among all the trekkers in Nepal. Dal Bhat is super delicious with spicy lentils, curry with vegetables, and a special Nepali recipe for chicken curry, and the flavor of pickle will amaze you while trying the dal bat during your trek. while In Nepal, it is said that – dal bhat power for 24 hours – means having dal bhat during your trek makes you full for 24 hours, which will help you to hit more emails to the summit.
- Eggs and Fry Rice: Mixed with onions and ginger during your trek will help your appetite which comes full of rice mixed with vegetables and an omelet as per your order.
- Shyakpa(Sherpa stew): A mixture of vegetables such as carrot, radish, puck: echoey, spring onions, and potatoes with spicy soup will help you to be warm and more full during your trek in the Himalayas of the Everest Region.
- Be-chiya(Tibetan Ghee Tea): The tea which is a combination of yak ghee, Himalayan salt, and the flavor of sunpati plant flower tea helps trekkers to be fully warm and helps to get rid of altitude sickness.
FAQ about Gokyo Lake Trek
Reviews on Gokyo Lake Trek
Be first to post a review in this trip.
© Copyright 2023 Bluelake Adventure Pvt. Ltd. Website Developed by: I3 Web